Beacon Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Beacon Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:49 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Beacon Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Beacon Primary - Current Parents and those in 2010 P1

Postby vividlaurel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi,

My kids will be going to Beacon Primary come Jan, so thought if there are any existing parents out here or anyone whose kids are going to go there, just join in and lets talk about the school.

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby preciousjam » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 pm

reporting....though have not received letter but should be in bah.....i'm staying at blk 239....my son will be joining Beacon come January too....hope to learn more about what to prepare him for....didn't really send him to enrichment classes so kind of worried if he can cope...

preciousjam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vividlaurel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:43 pm

Hey preciousjam,

Good to see you! We live in blk 175. I got my letter since I was in 2B. Orientation is on 21 Nov.

My kids (twins) go to Kumon, beyond that nothing - they have been going for maths since Jan and Eng from Aug.

I'm a PV at the school and if there are any queries from new parents there, we can talk to the school. My experience with the school and teachers has been very positive till date!

preciousjam wrote:reporting....though have not received letter but should be in bah.....i'm staying at blk 239....my son will be joining Beacon come January too....hope to learn more about what to prepare him for....didn't really send him to enrichment classes so kind of worried if he can cope...

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby hotfudgesoda » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:44 pm

me three!!!!!!
So relief... but too bad tomorrow have a parent's meeting at my kid's childcare, so can't sleep late.

hotfudgesoda
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby preciousjam » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:02 pm

hope that more parents will join in so everyone can benefit....
vividlaurel>>does Beacon still want PV? i actually thought since my son gonna be in the school, i don't mind volunteering at least can get to know more about the school....

preciousjam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vividlaurel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:01 am

Preciousjam, I am sure the school needs all the PVs that they can get. I think on Orientation Day the Principal will mention it. Coz till now I noticed that most of their activities are done by current students parents. I would also love to continue so that I can know the school/teachers and my kids classmates better.

preciousjam wrote:hope that more parents will join in so everyone can benefit....
vividlaurel>>does Beacon still want PV? i actually thought since my son gonna be in the school, i don't mind volunteering at least can get to know more about the school....

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby preciousjam » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:31 am

vividlaurel wrote:Preciousjam, I am sure the school needs all the PVs that they can get. I think on Orientation Day the Principal will mention it. Coz till now I noticed that most of their activities are done by current students parents. I would also love to continue so that I can know the school/teachers and my kids classmates better.

that will be great....i really think its a good way to know what's going on in the school and what the kids are learning as well....

vividlaurel>>saw in the another thread that your kid is in the learning ladder at ten mile...how's the school and the fees like? i'm currently looking for a cc for my youngest...

preciousjam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vividlaurel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Fees at TLL is a bit high, after the subsidy it comes to around 490 per child for half day school. The school is good, teachers are good also. The have some teachers who are parents and so can empathise with us as parents also. If you need anything specific let me know and I'll answer it.

preciousjam wrote:vividlaurel>>saw in the another thread that your kid is in the learning ladder at ten mile...how's the school and the fees like? i'm currently looking for a cc for my youngest...

vividlaurel
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby spitzcookie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 am

Hi, I'm new to Kiasuparents and hv just posted in the Newbies thread for a short intro of myself :lol:

I've not received any letter yet but think my girl should be in cos' we're within 1km and according to the latest moe website http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... balloting/, only those staying within 1-2km needs balloting.

Anybody knows when's the orientation going to be? Kan cheong now cos' dono how to prepare her for primary one next year :(

spitzcookie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups