CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Lock » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:02 pm

My gal is in P2 this year. Hope to see more parents in this thread. :D

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby snowyqueen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Lock wrote:My gal is in P2 this year. Hope to see more parents in this thread. :D

My gal is also in P2. :-)

snowyqueen
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lock » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi Snowyqueen,
Glad to have a company here. Which class is your gal in?

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby twinklestars2 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:55 pm

hi mummies,

my 1st gal is going to p1 next year... so excited for her.

any mummies involved in parent volunteer or support grps?

twinklestars2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Lock » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:09 pm

My gal is in P2 this year. The school does not have an official parent support group. Volunteers help out in activities on a ad-hoc basis.

The school doesn't seem keen to form an official PSG.

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby twinklestars2 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:31 am

Lock wrote:My gal is in P2 this year. The school does not have an official parent support group. Volunteers help out in activities on a ad-hoc basis.

The school doesn't seem keen to form an official PSG.

Hi Lock,

Tks for replying.

Since ur gal is already p2, hows sch for her? e teachers?

when i went registered last month, one teacher or admin staff seemed bored and expressionless. wonder how warm r e staff? now tat u mentioned no offical PSG makes me wonder whether how much e sch wants e parents to involved in e child's learning journey.

of course, im not e parent to be breathing down teachers' necks to know wat my child is doing in sch everyday. haha

twinklestars2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wan69 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi

My gal is in P2 as well.

Not an active school and they kept a distance between the parents and the school. But my gal loves the school and looks forward going to school to see her classmates.

wan69
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby luvmum » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I'm currently doing PV for the school and my impression on the only teacher whom we went along for the excursion was bad. She scolded the children for requesting to buy food as they are all hungry. I'm hoping there are not too many of such here...but surprisingly the children seem to be v happy there. ARe the school academically strong? How abt the CCA? any comments from parents pl? :?

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Lock » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Academically, I would say they are slightly above average but still not on par with schools like RGPS or St Nic. There is streaming right after P1 and every yr thereafter, meaning better students will be streamed to top 2 classes based on their CA n SA results. But since MOE is going to rule out exam for P1 n P2, I am not sure wat the changes will be like.

CCA wise, their niche is the performing arts like fushion dance, tap dance, choir n band. Netball seems to be their strength as well.

Teacher wise, I can't comment much since my gal just P2 and I had not met many. I find her last yr form tr n chinese tr are better than her current ones. So, I guess there are good and bad.

School environment is probably the school's greatest strength, my gal loves the school v much and feedback fr other gals are also v positive. The gals there are generally v happy.

The school also emphasizes on character development, they have this prog called CLIMB (Character Lives in My Behaviour) and every week a different character like perseverance, diligence etc is being emphasized either through journal writing or other activities.

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups