CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
PlayfulFairy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace

Post by PlayfulFairy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi,

CHIJ(OLQP) emphasis on leadership opportunities and character development is stronger than the academic rigor.

Sea11view
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Sea11view » Sat May 05, 2018 1:18 pm

Nivy_08 wrote:
cutseydragon wrote:Hi mummies! Not sure if it's way too early to join forum. I'm planning to enrol my dd in 2018. However, I'm just wondering like some mummies have been asking but no respond, y is the takeup rate low when reviews seems positive? I've not really heard of anything negative. Is it because of its location?
I'm moving to CCK in 2018 so I'm wondering if I should let her commute or enrol her in a school nearer our home. Student care is another worry I have. As I'm new to the area, I ain't sure what are the recommended suitable student care too.
Hence, I would really appreciate any feedback.

Hi Cutesydragon,

I am new to Kiasu Parents and posting for the first time.

I am also thinking of enrolling my girl in CHIJ OQOP but i have the same sets of questions as you..i also did not see any replies in the threads on the questions posted.

I am staying in Bukit Panjang area and have a few schools in mind (minus off the ones with slimmer chances).
1. CHIJ oqop
2. West Spring Pri
3. Greenridge Pri

But i am looking at reviews to see if i can find reviews which can confirm my selection and which of these 3 will be better option.
I am also concerned how much there are more and more numbers of available slots for Phase 2C with the intake of students lesser compared to most pri sch.
CHIJ OQOP in fact is the furthest from my house but i heard gd reviews on their discipline. I am not so sure of the academic aspects.

Mommies & Daddies who have kids in this CHIJ OQOP, do you mind share your reviews on the school? Or give us some advice?

Thanks alot! :smile:
Hi,

If you are looking more on the academic aspects. Chij OLQP might not be the choice. I do agree with the PlayfulFairy, OLQP is more on leadership building.. to grow up as a confident young lady. We do compare with other primary school.. OLQP basically less HW than others primary school. Have a thought, what do you want for your daughter.. ? For information, this school starts at 8am.. which is a plus point for me.. cos my daughter has difficulties waking up early..

mIck3ym0us3
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mIck3ym0us3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi may I know if any recommendation for after-school care centre near this school?

NWato
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by NWato » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:28 am

Hi everyone. I was wondering if the school bus services do go further out of the 2km? Any infos? Thanks

Nivy_08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nivy_08 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:34 am

Hi,
Thanks for answering to my question earlier!
Just wondering how is the CCA in this school?

Nivy_08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nivy_08 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am

Hi,

Nivy_08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nivy_08 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 am

Hi,

Mrs Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Mrs Ang » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:22 am

Nivy_08 wrote:Hi,
For the list of CCA, you can refer to the school website. CCA will be on either Tuesday or Thursday.

Itsmeunun
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Itsmeunun » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:47 am

I'm interested to know more about CHIJ OLQP also. Is there any WhatsApp group for parents?

Mama M
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Mama M » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi, my girl secured a place at CHIJ OLQP. Orientation will be on Fri, 9th Nov 2018 at 8 am.