Greenridge Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Greenridge Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Greenridge Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Greenridge Primary

Postby favianboy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:29 am

Helloooooooo,
Why so quiet? :?
Need more voices from parent.

favianboy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Greenridge Primary

Postby blur-daddy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Ya true... i'm surprise... maybe Greenridge parents are not kiasu??? :D
Anyway, i started to look into this forum and found a wealth of info... quite good for some read-up.

I got 2 kids in Greenridge now... one in P1 and the other in P3... In general, we like the school and like the teachers... my P3 kid is fortunate enough to have a very good form teacher. :D

favianboy wrote:Helloooooooo,
Why so quiet? :?
Need more voices from parent.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

hello...

Postby MonoGramm » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 am

No kiasu parents from GRPS?
Thot I could learn and share from here...

MonoGramm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Greenridge Primary

Postby jalanbaby » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 pm

My 2 kids are in Greenridge. They seem to be enjoying themselves there. However, through my experience the standard of the teachers is quite varied. Definitely if your kids can make it to the top classes (from P3 onwards, believe Respect & Humility are the top classes for what they term as 'high ability leraners) the teachers are good.

jalanbaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 am

Yes, agreed, it really depends on the teacher. My DS1 got a very good teacher last year in P3 and he enjoyed his class very much. My DS2 is in P2 now, and I think they will split them up in P3, base on their results... my DS2 going to struggle to get into the HA classes like Respect and Humility... :cry: Well, we still got 1 yr to work on it.

Overall, I think Greenridge is a good neighbourhood school, low profile but delivered results... :celebrate:

jalanbaby wrote:My 2 kids are in Greenridge. They seem to be enjoying themselves there. However, through my experience the standard of the teachers is quite varied. Definitely if your kids can make it to the top classes (from P3 onwards, believe Respect & Humility are the top classes for what they term as 'high ability leraners) the teachers are good.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cindylauper » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:10 am

Hi, I have 2 kids from Greenridge too. One P2 another one P5.

Ya, 2 best classes are indeed Respect and Humility. And it is not necessary that the 2 best classes get best teachers. My friend's daughter got into Humility and she said the homework came back unmarked by teacher. She said the teacher studying part-time course, maybe too tired to focus on teaching.

Do your children complain the school toilets are dirty? My daughters always complain the toilets are dirty and wet. Wonder why the cleaners not doing their job? Or maybe majority students not taught how to use toilets properly?

blur-daddy wrote:Yes, agreed, it really depends on the teacher. My DS1 got a very good teacher last year in P3 and he enjoyed his class very much. My DS2 is in P2 now, and I think they will split them up in P3, base on their results... my DS2 going to struggle to get into the HA classes like Respect and Humility... :cry: Well, we still got 1 yr to work on it.

Overall, I think Greenridge is a good neighbourhood school, low profile but delivered results... :celebrate:

jalanbaby wrote:My 2 kids are in Greenridge. They seem to be enjoying themselves there. However, through my experience the standard of the teachers is quite varied. Definitely if your kids can make it to the top classes (from P3 onwards, believe Respect & Humility are the top classes for what they term as 'high ability leraners) the teachers are good.

cindylauper
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Greenridge Primary

Postby jalanbaby » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 am

Huh.... you mean teacher for P5 Humility is studying part-time? I thought P5 is very important year that the principal said there is 30% increase in curriculum. Hopefully the teacher can cope with it otherwise the class will be dragged down.....and this is supposed to be one of the HA classes!

jalanbaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Greenridge Primary

Postby jalanbaby » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 am

My kids have not complained abt the toilets before... probably they don't use them. The kids these days are quite fussy... mine don't use outside toilets unless absolutely emergency :)

jalanbaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby cindylauper » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:09 pm

jalanbaby wrote:Huh.... you mean teacher for P5 Humility is studying part-time? I thought P5 is very important year that the principal said there is 30% increase in curriculum. Hopefully the teacher can cope with it otherwise the class will be dragged down.....and this is supposed to be one of the HA classes!

No lah not my my daughter's P5 class. Another humility class.

cindylauper
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups