Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:121

Re: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

Post by Jennifer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Scary wrote:
Funx3 wrote:

As For your Query on the Application to NYGH, etc ....
No - She Cannot Take Part in the S1 Posting Exercise.
But can try Appeal to NYGH, if Want to. But this is Heavily Discouraged by MOE (in fact, MOE Directive is No Appeal, No Transfer ....) :wink: :wink:
Oh, how about those who DSA into a non-top-notch school but scored very well when results are released? They can't reject the other side now and take part in the S1 posting?
S1 central posting is for non-DSA successful applicants. If a pupil has accepted a DSA confirmed offer and now wants to change the his choice of sch, he must appeal at the choice of sch now, upon acceptance go back to the DSA sch to reject offer.

For reasons unknown to me, NUS High is excluded from the S1 central posting. Direct application with PSLE results at the sch, meaning a pupil can take part in S1 central posting as well as apply direct at NUS High.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Mum1113 wrote:Happy on PH results and most importantly, my son's too !!! :)

:congrats:

Scary
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Scary » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Scary wrote:However one thing to consider, HCI more chi-na and ACSI is a total opposite.
HCI is definitely not chi-na.
How about NYGH vs RGS? Always think that NYGH more chi-na.

JRLam
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by JRLam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:41 am

Scary wrote:Always find that there are not as many choices for boys (vs girls) when it comes to choosing of schools. Find that it's hard to get into a good school with ard 245. Girls can still go for Crescent and if lucky, MGS. During my era, 245 could get into RGS and 252 into NYGH. These can only appear in dreams now.
I agree that boys seem to have fewer choices for those with results slightly above average yet not the cream ones, especially in the West side. My concern for my son is to get those neither-here-nor-there results, go to the 'lower T-score' schools you will feel a bit 'wasted', but yet very risky to try the 'higher T-score' ones, or else the 'just-nice T-score' schools are far away, tuck at either the central (ie Toa Payoh) or East ... then will really be a big headache :slapshead:

markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by markfch » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 am

JRLam wrote: My concern for my son is to get those neither-here-nor-there results, go to the 'lower T-score' schools you will feel a bit 'wasted', but yet very risky to try the 'higher T-score' ones, or else the 'just-nice T-score' schools are far away, tuck at either the central (ie Toa Payoh) or East ... then will really be a big headache :slapshead:
That's why I'm hoping that in time to come, my ds can at least get 245 which will allow him to choose NHHS, BPGHS or SST equivalent types of school.

No need to go to RI-HCI-NJC (aka tier 1 schs), but hopefully can qualify for a tier 2 one.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:30 am

JRLam wrote:
Scary wrote:Always find that there are not as many choices for boys (vs girls) when it comes to choosing of schools. Find that it's hard to get into a good school with ard 245. Girls can still go for Crescent and if lucky, MGS. During my era, 245 could get into RGS and 252 into NYGH. These can only appear in dreams now.
I agree that boys seem to have fewer choices for those with results slightly above average yet not the cream ones, especially in the West side. My concern for my son is to get those neither-here-nor-there results, go to the 'lower T-score' schools you will feel a bit 'wasted', but yet very risky to try the 'higher T-score' ones, or else the 'just-nice T-score' schools are far away, tuck at either the central (ie Toa Payoh) or East ... then will really be a big headache :slapshead:
Ya, we had the same concern then.

Scary
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Scary » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:44 am

markfch wrote:
JRLam wrote: My concern for my son is to get those neither-here-nor-there results, go to the 'lower T-score' schools you will feel a bit 'wasted', but yet very risky to try the 'higher T-score' ones, or else the 'just-nice T-score' schools are far away, tuck at either the central (ie Toa Payoh) or East ... then will really be a big headache :slapshead:
That's why I'm hoping that in time to come, my ds can at least get 245 which will allow him to choose NHHS, BPGHS or SST equivalent types of school.

No need to go to RI-HCI-NJC (aka tier 1 schs), but hopefully can qualify for a tier 2 one.

What is SST?

dyh
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by dyh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:48 am

Congrats to Funx3 and Mum1113 for the good results.

Getting above 260 is no mean feat...i read somewhere this translates to top 3% in SG.

dyh
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by dyh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:51 am

markfch wrote:

NHHS and BPGHS are good schools. I won't mind my son going there at all if he cannot get to the school of his choice.

JRLam
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by JRLam » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 am

dyh wrote:
markfch wrote:

NHHS and BPGHS are good schools. I won't mind my son going there at all if he cannot get to the school of his choice.
I will be very happy if he can get 245 to qualify for NHHS or BPGHS. In fact, I understand Commonwealth Sec is also not too bad, last yr's requirement was 241 or 242. I thought SST requires higher scores? Or at least consistent good results in Science and Maths from P5? The problem is if he get between 230 - 240, which to me its still decent results, but yet no appropriate school nearby ... I will faint ..