Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
nlzr
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by nlzr » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 am

Thank you, Zac's mum.... PM-ed......

Gie2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Gie2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Oh.... i didnt know there are whatsapp group for P1s already. Is there one for 1.5?
Thank you very much!

Gie2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Gie2 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Checking with everyone here.. i have notice school going kids carrying a "basket" or plastic drawers with some supplies in it to school. Are the student given a locker or a pigeon hole/cubby to keep their books/supplies?

Thank you.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Post by laughingcat » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Gie2 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:00 pm
Checking with everyone here.. i have notice school going kids carrying a "basket" or plastic drawers with some supplies in it to school. Are the student given a locker or a pigeon hole/cubby to keep their books/supplies?

Thank you.
No locker or pigeon hole or cubby.

basically the boys bring the plastic tray (with a certain depth) to contain their stuff beneath the table. So to prevent being so untidy. Also prevent the worksheets accidentally "walk" over to the neighbour.

But when comes exam, all stuff beneath the table must be clear.
Last edited by laughingcat on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:186

Post by zac's mum » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Hi Gie2,

The basket is used by the older boys to store some of their items under their desks in school. U can purchase from Daiso or some other places.

Please check with your son’s form teacher whether he/she allows it. Some do not condone it because the younger boys tend to leave their homework and other stuff in school, when actually they’re supposed to bring them home to give parents/complete those worksheets at home etc.

If u do use the basket, please bear in mind not to leave any valuables in it. And label everything of course.

Will PM u the link for 1.5 Whatsapp group.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:20

Post by laughingcat » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:17 pm

The plastic tray or basket not necessary for older kids. Both my DSs can use plastic tray since P1 to P4. DS1 used it from P1 to P4. P5 and P6 cannot use as mentioned by the teachers.

So best check with the teacher.

Gie2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Gie2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:43 am

Thanks everyone for the answers.. now i know! it is a good idea to have it placed in the basket instead of the floor directly. will check with the teachers then.

Cheers!

alatteaday
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by alatteaday » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 pm

Hi all, could anyone share what the Thoburn programme is abt and specifically what the math curriculum is? We received a letter today but there is no info on what the boys will actually be learning. thanks in advance.

Gie2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Gie2 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm

alatteaday wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 pm
Hi all, could anyone share what the Thoburn programme is abt and specifically what the math curriculum is? We received a letter today but there is no info on what the boys will actually be learning. thanks in advance.
Hi allateaday, pls see this link to Thoburn Programme: https://acsj.moe.edu.sg/our-school/nich ... -programme

As for the letter you received, if im not wrong is for the workshop happening next week? Can someone correct me if im wrong? Didnt really get a good look at it before DH returned it.

Thanks.

alatteaday
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by alatteaday » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 pm

Gie2 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm
alatteaday wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:00 pm
Hi allateaday, pls see this link to Thoburn Programme: https://acsj.moe.edu.sg/our-school/nich ... -programme

As for the letter you received, if im not wrong is for the workshop happening next week? Can someone correct me if im wrong? Didnt really get a good look at it before DH returned it.

Thanks.
The letter was the opt-in / opt-out consent form for the Thoburn programme. Thanks for the info!