Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
Post Reply
Vtg17
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 01,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by Vtg17 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:08 am

Hi! Keen on applying for my son in phase 2c. We are SC but 1km-2km. Do you think we stand a chance for balloting this year? Thanks a lot!

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:186

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by zac's mum » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 am

Vtg17 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:08 am
Hi! Keen on applying for my son in phase 2c. We are SC but 1km-2km. Do you think we stand a chance for balloting this year? Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately, nope.

This year is already shaping up to be the most competitive year yet, for <1km.

Tiongbahrumum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jun 11,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by Tiongbahrumum » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:07 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:57 am
Vtg17 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:08 am
Hi! Keen on applying for my son in phase 2c. We are SC but 1km-2km. Do you think we stand a chance for balloting this year? Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately, nope.

This year is already shaping up to be the most competitive year yet, for <1km.
Yeap, the numbers look fierce this year, starting from P2B for 0-1km, there will be a lot of disappointment.

rencelaw
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 10,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by rencelaw » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Anyone knows how many applicants for ACSP and/or ACSJ stay within 1km for phase 2B? Thanks in advance!

chucs75
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 05,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by chucs75 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:37 pm

hi parents,
just checked the MOE website. There is only 25 vacancies for phase 2C left. Any idea why the huge fall compared to previous years that hover around 60?


zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:186

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by zac's mum » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:44 pm

chucs75 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:37 pm
hi parents,
just checked the MOE website. There is only 25 vacancies for phase 2C left. Any idea why the huge fall compared to previous years that hover around 60?
The only possible reason would be higher take up numbers in Phases 1 and 2A this year. Maybe baby boy boom.

Davischew
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Aug 07,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by Davischew » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

This year those also <1km to SJIJ have to seriously consider giving up the ballot for ACSJ/ACSP <1km, and register SJIJ instead. We are looking at 2:1 for ACSJ/ACSP <1km, and the risk is too much to take. You will regret if you get ballot out and end up in a co-ed.

F3parent
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Feb 19,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by F3parent » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:49 pm

Davischew wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm
This year those also <1km to SJIJ have to seriously consider giving up the ballot for ACSJ/ACSP <1km, and register SJIJ instead. We are looking at 2:1 for ACSJ/ACSP <1km, and the risk is too much to take. You will regret if you get ballot out and end up in a co-ed.
i think 2:1 is very optimistic
last moment lots will come in which we won't be able to see due to 2C having the option to submit via the online form (which takes longer to vet and the admin staff will not be able to tell those who are trying to call in to find out the numbers)

Tiongbahrumum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jun 11,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by Tiongbahrumum » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:13 pm

i think the ratio this year for P2C is likely 3:1 for both.

Davischew
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Aug 07,

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)

Post by Davischew » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:40 pm

Tiongbahrumum wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:13 pm
i think the ratio this year for P2C is likely 3:1 for both.
Couldn't be so high for balloting <1km. Unless >1km applied and schools don't call them to withdraw, then it will show on MOE website but truth is they don't not even have a chance to ballot.

Post Reply