St Margaret's Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

St Margaret's Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:59 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for St Margaret's Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby foreverj » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:04 am

hi chief

thanks for a great idea to set up parent support groups for the pri schools! :)

would love to find out more abt st marg. to existing parents/ new parents of students in st marg, understand with a new principal, the students r seeing more homework? how has this this changed/enhanced the PSLE results? thanks in advance!

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:08 am

foreverj wrote:hi chief

thanks for a great idea to set up parent support groups for the pri schools! :)

would love to find out more abt st marg. to existing parents/ new parents of students in st marg, understand with a new principal, the students r seeing more homework? how has this this changed/enhanced the PSLE results? thanks in advance!

Hey foreverj... it wasn't my idea... it was tiredmummy's idea. She's quite happy now in her Maris Stella PNG :).

Actually these PNGs could be another way of gauging the quality of the schools. Good schools will naturally have a group of dedicated concerned parents who are happy to provide feedback on the school of which they are proud of.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby foreverj » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:26 am

no matter whose idea it was, KSP is definitely the right platform to leverage on :celebrate:

frankly, i also dunno if there wil be SMPS parents coming in here since it is a fairly laid-back school, well-known for focusing on character devt instead. i know lots of girls who went there love and enjoy their schooldays tremendously! however the latest i heard from one mum is that it seems the school (under the current principal) is advocating more homework nowadays with the aim of enhancing overall grades. personally i welcome this move since the school should move towards improving in areas where there is room for improvement...

hey chief, sidetrack a bit har, i always wanted to ask u this question. are u the one who started KSP? as in were u the one who brainstormed and came up with the original blueprint? :?

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:22 am

foreverj wrote:hey chief, sidetrack a bit har, i always wanted to ask u this question. are u the one who started KSP? as in were u the one who brainstormed and came up with the original blueprint? :?

It started with 2 guys having coffee and arguing about the sanity of sending pre-schoolers to brain-training courses, and then realizing that no gahmen agency seem willing to certify any such services for kids below 7 years old. So how do we know if the services really work as advertised? As men, we were too embarrassed to be seen or ask questions on the wonderful SMH where all Singaporean mothers have given at least a slice of their lives. So we thought since no one seems to want to do it, let's just create an "all-inclusive" portal for both mommies and daddies to give their opinions about preparing and supporting kids through pre- and primary school. We don't want it to be a one-way thing where experts tell parents what to do. Rather, we wanted it to be from parents, to parents. Honestly, there wasn't much thinking... just a lot of doing and experimentation :) . Kinda like a science project :wink:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby foreverj » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:40 pm

i see, well, personally i feel u've outdone SMH in terms of the planning, layout and constant fine-tuning/streamlining the threads plus the p1 registration info so that its easy for members to find the relevant info. keep it up! :celebrate:

i guess when this current batch of active KSP's kids all move up to sec school, there wil be even more info on the sec schools and how to go abt choosing them...n of course that wil definitely be very useful since it seems nowadays choices for 13 yrs and above is so wide and varied. not like last time after 'O' level, we only have JC/poly then to uni. hence parents wil need to be much more savvy and well-informed to help give their kids advice/guidance on the relevant study choices/options.

i wont be surprised u'll not just be collating info/data for p1 registration next time. there likely wil be a need/demand for sec school options and maybe parent support groups for even the sec schools?

so thank u (plus salute!) to you and your fren for creating a great meeting place for the KSPs in spore :D

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

school bus and before/after student care

Postby yaokel » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 pm

hi,

do u know whether can arrange school bus after ECA?
do student care arrange?

yaokel
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: school bus and before/after student care

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 pm

yaokel wrote:hi,

do student care arrange?

I believe so. That's what my son used to do.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

St Margaret's Primary

Postby doraemo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 am

yaokel wrote:hi,

do student care arrange?

my dd in p1 this year. There are two timings for school bus in the afternoon 4.30pm (for those with CCA and student care) and 5.45pm (student care).

doraemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Platypus » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi,

My daughter will be in P1 next year. I'm an old girl of the school. So are my aunty and 3 other cousins. And yes we had a great time in the school.

Platypus
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups