Stamford Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Stamford Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:00 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Stamford Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby hardcore » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Hello Stamford!

Noted this is very quiet thread. I am living very near Stamford primary and intend next year to enrol my child there.

I am however a bit concerned as NO one really mentioned Stamford Primary school - and the PSG forum (this thread) is dead quiet.

Am I missing something? I know this is not an elite school or the best performing school - can anyone please chip in if they have their child in this school on how they find it?

Many thanks in advance - and if this is an inappropriate post my apologies in advance. 8)

hardcore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Long, long time ago, this school was called Stamford Girls' School; I studied there.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hardcore » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:54 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Long, long time ago, this school was called Stamford Girls' School; I studied there.

Long long time ago... :D Guess that applies to all of us since we parents now ... hee hee.

Do you know why this school is so "quiet" in terms of popularity? Also how is the location like? i am looking at it mainly as I am living in CBD area near Bugis. I was hoping of seeing how the students are like, etc.... short of actually "visiting" the school.

hardcore
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Lavender_Tea » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Long, long time ago, this school was called Stamford Girls' School; I studied there.

Same here, I was an old girl from the school. Back then, discipline was pretty strict however I did have very fond memories of my years spent there. Till now, I still remember Mrs Wan, our lovely principal. Some teachers that have taught me were Mrs Lim-Yeo, Mrs De Silva, Miss Rita, Miss Wee, Miss Then etc :) The classes were named after flowers namely Lotus, Orchid, Rose & Sunflower.

Lavender_Tea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lavender_Tea » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:38 pm

hardcore wrote:
Do you know why this school is so "quiet" in terms of popularity? Also how is the location like? i am looking at it mainly as I am living in CBD area near Bugis. I was hoping of seeing how the students are like, etc.... short of actually "visiting" the school.

I guess it's not such a popular school because of it's location. It is not located in a densely populated estate and furthermore it's an ageing estate with more old folks than young families. I think it will be good if you can attend their open house if they do have one to know more about the school. I've left the school for more than 25 yrs, culture has definitely change so it's difficult for me to give any fair feedbacks of the school.

Lavender_Tea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Lavender_Tea wrote:

Same here, I was an old girl from the school. Back then, discipline was pretty strict however I did have very fond memories of my years spent there. Till now, I still remember Mrs Wan, our lovely principal. Some teachers that have taught me were Mrs Lim-Yeo, Mrs De Silva, Miss Rita, Miss Wee, Miss Then etc :) The classes were named after flowers namely Lotus, Orchid, Rose & Sunflower.

Hi Lavender Tea,
Dont tell me we were classmates ??? Yes, I recalled Mrs De Sliva, Mrs Wee, Ms Then (or Tian) - that old fashioned lady. :lol:

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Millicent » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 am

Hi Starlight1968sg & Lavender_Tea,

I was from Stamford Girls' School too. The school was at Waterloo Street then. I have fond memories of the school and teachers like Mrs DeSilva (my P1 & P3 form teacher), Ms Chang (P4 Chinese teacher) and Mdm Wu Shu Min (P6 form teacher).

Millicent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby dumpty » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi Starlight1968sg, Lavender_Tea and Millicent,

I was from Stamford Girls' too! Was there anyone there who was not taught by Mrs De Silva?

I love the old school building. Really misses the times

dumpty
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 pm

dumpty wrote:Hi Starlight1968sg, Lavender_Tea and Millicent,

I was from Stamford Girls' too! Was there anyone there who was not taught by Mrs De Silva?

I love the old school building. Really misses the times

Of course I was taught by Mrs De Silva. Do you remember Mrs Chow, Ms CK Tan etc?

Those were the old days!

BTW, anybody from 6 Lotus and born in 1968 ? :roll:

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups