Teck Whye Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Teck Whye Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:10 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Teck Whye Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cupcake mum » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:26 pm

Hihi

Any parents enrolling your child at Teck Whye Primary?

Just saw a poster at my child's KG about Teck Whye Primary School holding a special preview for parents next Friday 30 July from 3 to 6pm
Seems interesting and I think I will check it out :D

I went into their website and I have attached the relevant URL. Hopes it is useful.

http://www.teckwhyepri.moe.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=84983

cupcake mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Anybody registered to this school?

Postby bsk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Anybody registered to this school? how does this school perform in academic & co-curricular? Appreciate your feedback

bsk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Teck Whye Primary

Postby rita75 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Teck Whye Primary seems to be a low key school. They don't really have much talks abt their schools.

My dotter will be joining them next year and I would like to find out more about this school too. The website is very brief and it doesn't really say much abt their school.

rita75
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Selfan4ever♥23 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:49 pm

rita75 wrote:Teck Whye Primary seems to be a low key school. They don't really have much talks abt their schools.

My dotter will be joining them next year and I would like to find out more about this school too. The website is very brief and it doesn't really say much abt their school.

Any questions about the school you can ask me! I am a P6 student this year(2011).

Selfan4ever♥23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby littlegals » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 am

Why nobody go Teck Whye Primary school? Is the area too comparative? Or they are seriously lousy? Or parent intend to blindly believe those schools are better? We come from the same place Chua Chu Kang why there is a huge diff in Teck Whye school and other schools. I rem correctly last year PSLE top student had impressive result. What is the passing rate to go express for the pass 2 years?

littlegals
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Selfan4ever♥23 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm

littlegals wrote:Why nobody go Teck Whye Primary school? Is the area too comparative? Or they are seriously lousy? Or parent intend to blindly believe those schools are better? We come from the same place Chua Chu Kang why there is a huge diff in Teck Whye school and other schools. I rem correctly last year PSLE top student had impressive result. What is the passing rate to go express for the pass 2 years?

Top class students alr many get ard 228. 2nd top get ard 170. 3rd top get ard 190.

Selfan4ever♥23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phtthp » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 am

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ResTnRelax » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 am

TECK WHYE PRIMARY SCHOOL PSLE HIGH ACHIEVERS

Year 2012
Zara Asriani Mohd Asri
Aggregate score : 273
Broke the school record :rahrah:

Year 2011
Zhou Xiao Jian
Aggregate score : 270

Carissa Kristel Viernes
Aggregate score : 268

Year 2010
Lai Yi Ting
Nanyang Girls’ High School

Jang Yujoon
Raffles Institution

Source: Teck Whye Primary School

ResTnRelax
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Drifting Student » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:21 am

Selfan4ever♥23 wrote:
littlegals wrote:Why nobody go Teck Whye Primary school? Is the area too comparative? Or they are seriously lousy? Or parent intend to blindly believe those schools are better? We come from the same place Chua Chu Kang why there is a huge diff in Teck Whye school and other schools. I rem correctly last year PSLE top student had impressive result. What is the passing rate to go express for the pass 2 years?

Top class students alr many get ard 228. 2nd top get ard 170. 3rd top get ard 190.

Hello parents :) I'm here to say the school having the highest aggregate scorer might not be the best. Have you ever thought about this: there might be only ONE top scorer who scored the highest in Sg, but the rest of the school did badly? Well, this is mainly to say you can't judge a school by the top scorers! Also, based on 2012 (I'm from the first class '12, P6) and most of our class scored around 220? But it ranges from 200 to 270+ and the following classes might have about the same scores. This just serves to prove that anything the student achieves is MAINLY BY THE STUDENT. Several pupils may have slacked off or are simply not up to the capability, thus, do not fair as well. But people with similar capabilities may have scored very differently– why? Let's not blame the teachers here! It's the student. No matter what a teacher does, if one chooses not to accept it, nothing would be absorbed. =] Ok, enough of the students now!

Let's move on... there is no such thing as the best school ever. Every student would say, "[insert school] is the best! I'm going to miss this place!" I disagree. Just because you're leaving the school does not mean you must change your mind about it! I can clearly say that I have said TWPS is the best– best is subjective. But what I can say is that there are several dedicated teachers, though, you can't deny everything's not always rainbows and butterflies! =D

From my experience, it was an exciting journey with nice teachers and many activities. I can't really say much to what you want to know but feel free to ask me =]

Drifting Student
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups