Haig Girls'

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Haig Girls'

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Haig Girls’

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby snowflake » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi, guess I'll start the ball rolling here...my DD will be starting P1 next year in Haig Girls. This is not exactly our 1st choice, but it is still within our range of choices :wink: We're happy that DD can get to do her CCA in the afternoon as early as in P1 and that she can also do Higher Chinese from P2 onwards. The school has very pretty tile paintings done by the students pasted on different parts of the school walls 8)

snowflake
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:58 pm

snowflake wrote:Hi, guess I'll start the ball rolling here...my DD will be starting P1 next year in Haig Girls. This is not exactly our 1st choice, but it is still within our range of choices :wink: We're happy that DD can get to do her CCA in the afternoon as early as in P1 and that she can also do Higher Chinese from P2 onwards. The school has very pretty tile paintings done by the students pasted on different parts of the school walls 8)

Welcome, snowflake!

Doing Higher Chinese really requires a lot of hard work especially if the kid does not come from a Chinese-speaking environment. I know it from experience :cry:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby snowflake » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:28 pm

thanks Chief for the warning...we alredi sending her for extra chinese classes to prepare for the long haul.... so far her "ren zi", hypy, writing & reading quite ok. Lucky she seems to enjoy learning chinese too. This morning, in fact she taught her di di (2 yrs younger) on her own accord :lol: ....so now we just need to continue to psycho her. Her papa's from mission sch & chinese is you-know-what it's like, so now want her to excel in languages... idea is DD must be better than papa 8)

snowflake
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fashionbeautyinstyle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm

hi,

My girl will be gg to Haig Girls next year too. They have Higher Chinese from P2 onwards? I thought only schools like Tao Nan, Mee Toh or Maha Bohdi will have Higher Chinese.

fashionbeautyinstyle
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Aspiring Mummy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:17 am

hi,
my daugther is also joining the P1 cohort of 2010. We did not get our school of choice (which was afterall not as spectacular) in comparison to Haig girls cohort performance in 2008 / 2007. Does any of you have the transport number to help arrange for one? Is ther ECA for P1 itself? and do they ahve to stay back for that? cheers :wink:

Aspiring Mummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Wishing all children starting school in HGS, a happy 1st day and a rewarding 6 year journey.

You'll love the school as much as my girl did. Whenever, we pass by the school, she'll look back on her happy days there. That's where she grew from a blur P1 to a stressed-out but confident girl by P6.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RGAV » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:26 pm

Aspiring Mummy wrote:hi,
my daugther is also joining the P1 cohort of 2010. We did not get our school of choice (which was afterall not as spectacular) in comparison to Haig girls cohort performance in 2008 / 2007. Does any of you have the transport number to help arrange for one? Is ther ECA for P1 itself? and do they ahve to stay back for that? cheers :wink:

Hi, I too was told by a few teachers and friends whose kids are in Haig that the school standard and their holistic approach to education are fantastic. IThis is why I transferred my daughter to Haig this year. She is in P4 this year. I was told to apply for transport through the school by madam Mariam (admin lady). You may want to do the same. However, I have a problem with transport as we are at riverina crescent (off elias road) and the bus transport lady replied that there was no vacancy. I am in a rut right now. Does anyone know of a private transport service to Haig from my place? Or any contact with a taxi driver/ service who can help with the picking up after school? Really hope someone can help. The school does not keep tabs with these private agencies that transport students to the school. perhaps a bus agency going to schools in katong may help. Desperate!!! :pray:

RGAV
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Haig Girls - 1 Patience Class Network

Postby papamummy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi,
Im starting this thread for my networks of parents from Haig girls (1 Patience).
Al other classes parents are also welcome... :D
Here we can discuss on any issues relating to the school :D

papamummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby BigDevil » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Welcome to the forum papamummy!
Do you know there is already a Parents' Networking thread?

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups