CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:19 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for CHIJ Our Lady of the Nativity

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

CHIJ Nativity (Internal P1 Streaming...is this true?)

Postby sgyardsale » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:44 pm

I heard a rumour amongst the parents chatting & I really don't know if it's true...but I heard that the P1 kids at CHIJ Nativity are internally streamed according to their learning abilities...is this really true? Any parents with girls in CHIJ Nativity out there can confirm this rumour?

sgyardsale
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

streaming in P1

Postby aqua65 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes it is true .

Students go through a SRT ( Skills Readiness Test ) and then theey are streamed according to their abilities.

aqua65
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: streaming in P1

Postby compvale » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

aqua65 wrote:Yes it is true .

Students go through a SRT ( Skills Readiness Test ) and then theey are streamed according to their abilities.

This may be something new cos dont' recall my DD2 (now in P2) sitting for any test last year. They are streamed at the end of P1. My DD1 (now in Sec 1) was streamed at the end of P2 a few yrs back.

compvale
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby schnauzer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:31 am

Hmm.. I was told by my daughter too. Dont recall them taking the SRT test. Not sure if its part of their SA n final year exam.

schnauzer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

More sharing about CHIJ OLN?

Postby Bluedale » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Am considering if this school is good for my gal. Any parent of current student can share how's the school? Teachers are competent and loving? How's the school culture? Happy with the development for your kid? All feedback welcome. thanks.

Bluedale
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fifimummy » Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 pm

I am also considering this school. Any feedback? Heard nothing so far

fifimummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cantbearit2 » Sat May 22, 2010 10:37 am

Hi,

Will appreciate some feedback on the school's academic and CCA. Can parents of existing students provide us with some insight?

TIA! :D

cantbearit2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dawnpingpong » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 am

I am an ex student.

I'm not wrong, the students are streamed on reporting day (aka p1 orientation), where they will be given a few worksheets to do, and then the teachers will collect back and mark. I know cos i was involved in it 2 years ago. Basically i think there's compo (easy one), some join the dots puzzle and others.

The school's academic record is not exactly very good, (neither can I say that it's very bad obviously. It's kind of a fact. but then they just changed principal so i dont know whether there's a change). and the school focuses on arts and cca more than academic excellence. yup. CCAs wise there are quite a lot to choose form, and there are still occasional activities such as kayaking and rock climbing.

yup that's abt it.

dawnpingpong
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next year 2 of my girls will be there

Postby nickpan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi, my girl is currently in P2 & next year when she is P3, her mei mei will be in P1.

nickpan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups