Hougang Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Hougang Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:19 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Hougang Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby KS_me » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Heyaa,

My son, P1, is currently with this school. Hope to know more parent from the same school to share information.

HGP main website http://www.hougangpri.moe.edu.sg/

HGP student/parent/teacher portal http://www.hougangprimary.info/

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yong HL » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello KS_me

i am currently pv for hgps. So far how do you find the school system? Do u happen to know any good student care nearby? I only know of Joy Connection.. the one beside festival market.... hope to hear from you soon :please:

Yong HL
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KS_me » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi Yong HL,
Nice knowing you here. :)

Am so far happy with the school. The most important thing is I can see that my son is happy, enjoying and look forward to attend school every day.

Only couple of incidents that happened cause my worry but I must say I am very happy and please with the school principal, Mrs.James, who has responded to my concern almost instantly.

As for the student care, I got no info about it cause I wasn't looking around for this service.

Look forward to share more with you :)

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hougang mum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 pm

HI my dd1 is also in hougang primary (p3). dd2 is going in next year. i must say to all that it is a wonderful school and am very satisfied that it provides a more holistic learning rather than push pupils only in tha academic front. my gal enjoys going to school. And as KS_me mentioned, Mrs. James is such a caring person that I can be in peace that my child is taken care of in school.

hougang mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Yong HL » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi KS_me & hougang mum

Nice to meet you too :)
Glad to hear positive feedbacks about the school.. at least my pv hours are worth indeed... yes! looking forward to share info with you guys soooooon too.... my girl will only in p1 in yr2010.. hearsay that the school going single session by then but didnt see this school listed as planned to be single in MOE website though... any insider news? :)

Yong HL
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hougang mum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 pm

heard from one of the teachers that it will be single session from 2011 hopefully but not in 2010. my dd2 will also be in P1 next year. :D

hougang mum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby KS_me » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am

hougang mum wrote:heard from one of the teachers that it will be single session from 2011 hopefully but not in 2010. my dd2 will also be in P1 next year. :D

I noticed they cut down 2 classes from 300 seats to 240 seats this year. Perhaps this is a transition to single session.

But honestly, I like my boy being in afternoon session... segegrated from upper primary. So he only mix with his peers and have their own assembly session and such...

KS_me
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hougang Primary

Postby chichu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:18 pm

HI..

May I ask, is it we purchase the school uniform and text book during the orientation ??

chichu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blushes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:00 pm

My gal just confirmed her place thro yesterday balloting. Lucky her, she managed to get in....will be looking forward next yr when she starts P1.
Hopefully, she will enjoy herself and fit in as well.

blushes
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups