LEARNConcierge

Montfort Junior

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Montfort Junior

Postby dianaeliza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Hello Everyone. I am intending to send my son to Montfort in 2020 (yes this is a kiasu mother here). I would like to find out if being a parent volunteer would help to secure a place and is it recommended? Thank you for the advise and any heads up will be appreciated.

dianaeliza
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Montfort Junior

Postby floppy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 pm

dianaeliza wrote:Hello Everyone. I am intending to send my son to Montfort in 2020 (yes this is a kiasu mother here). I would like to find out if being a parent volunteer would help to secure a place and is it recommended? Thank you for the advise and any heads up will be appreciated.

You are not kiasu. In fact, you may be quite relax.

Typically for PV, you have to sign up at least 1 year (2 years for popular schools) before registration. To enter in 2020, you have to register in 2019 and PV has to be approved by 2018. Hence, there is a strong likelihood that you may have missed the opportunity.

That said, you are aiming for Montfort where there will be vacancies even at Phase 2Cs. Think you will be quite safe applying at Phase 2C (i.e. without PV).

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Cw2310 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Hi there. A warm welcome to your son into Montfort junior. I'm a parent volunteer (PV) in the school and I'm sure your son will be happy to learn in the school. He will be happier to be able to see you in school if you were to join the PV group by volunteering in the school library (we have story telling and craft activities), Lego room and prayer room (if you're a Catholic) on a regular basis if you can and even on days when the boys go for their learning journey. We're a bunch of fun loving parents and I hope to see as a PV in our school one day.

Cw2310
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby overclk2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi floppy and Cw2310 thanks for your contribution. I intend to register my child with Montfort but am concerned about the take-up rate in the past years. It doesn't seem to be a popular school . Do you know why?

overclk2000
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby overclk2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi floppy and Cw2310 thanks for your contribution. I intend to register my child with Montfort but am concerned about the take-up rate in the past years. It doesn't seem to be a popular school . Do you know why?

overclk2000
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zaza rissa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi,
Just want to find out if there is any school bus for Pasir Ris area?

zaza rissa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Previous

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups

LEARNConcierge