Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

For more information about the school, click here.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

Postby PrincessP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

My dd will be attending P1 in 2010...any mummies here too?

We can share experience here...

Orientation : 7th Nov 09 (Sat) - 8.30am
Thanks.

PrincessP :lovesite:

PrincessP
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Advise from an old girl of the school (my sis is still studying there & I hv tutees in this school):
1. Monitor your child carefully in terms of discipline, the school's discipline is starting to decline.
2. Get the teacher's contact (email or direct phone number) so that you can highlight problems to them quickly.
3. If no response from the teacher or no action taken, you should email to the P asap. Don't let the matter drag even if it's a minute matter.
4. try to join the parent support group & join in school activities. from there you will get to know more teachers & it's very helpful in the long run.

Test topics/schedule are usually given quite early in the term. In terms of communication they are quite good. Letters always given out promptly. Do develop a good system with your child for filing letters & impt tests papers that need signing. Example: get a file with different pockets for different subjects (preferably 3 pockets for each subject - homework, for filing and wkst/notes tt are still needed in class) & the first folder will be for letters/consent forms/tests tt need your signature so that you can easily check her file.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PrincessP » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:30 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:Advise from an old girl of the school (my sis is still studying there & I hv tutees in this school):
1. Monitor your child carefully in terms of discipline, the school's discipline is starting to decline.
2. Get the teacher's contact (email or direct phone number) so that you can highlight problems to them quickly.
3. If no response from the teacher or no action taken, you should email to the P asap. Don't let the matter drag even if it's a minute matter.
4. try to join the parent support group & join in school activities. from there you will get to know more teachers & it's very helpful in the long run.

Test topics/schedule are usually given quite early in the term. In terms of communication they are quite good. Letters always given out promptly. Do develop a good system with your child for filing letters & impt tests papers that need signing. Example: get a file with different pockets for different subjects (preferably 3 pockets for each subject - homework, for filing and wkst/notes tt are still needed in class) & the first folder will be for letters/consent forms/tests tt need your signature so that you can easily check her file.

Thanks Mrswongtuition for the information. I will take note. :thankyou:

PrincessP
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby csky » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:57 am

I have 2 daughters currently in PLMGS...P2 & P6

csky
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:18 am

I've 2 nieces in PLMGS. One of them in Sec 2 this year while the other in P6 and just completed her PSLE.

With the affiliation, it is definitely a peace of mind for my sil as she told me that so long as the school is the 1st choice in school selection, they will definitely get in.

My 2 nieces are very well behaved (my sil's hubby is the strict traditional chinese man type). We are quite close since they enjoy playing with my kids who are much younger. Even my Sec 2 going niece, I felt that despite that she is going through teenage years, she is relatively not those badly influenced by her friends type. She is passionate about the school band, etc...

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby PrincessP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:18 pm

MMM wrote:I've 2 nieces in PLMGS. One of them in Sec 2 this year while the other in P6 and just completed her PSLE.

With the affiliation, it is definitely a peace of mind for my sil as she told me that so long as the school is the 1st choice in school selection, they will definitely get in.

My 2 nieces are very well behaved (my sil's hubby is the strict traditional chinese man type). We are quite close since they enjoy playing with my kids who are much younger. Even my Sec 2 going niece, I felt that despite that she is going through teenage years, she is relatively not those badly influenced by her friends type. She is passionate about the school band, etc...

Thanks MMM for the post...quite reassuring to hear that.
I was a PV in PLMGS last year and the older primary (some classes) can get quite mischevious but the lower primary are generally very well behaved and obedient.

PrincessP
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PrincessP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:19 pm

csky wrote:I have 2 daughters currently in PLMGS...P2 & P6

Hi Csky, nice to hear from you too. I thought I was the only mom here with daughter going to PLMGS :oops:

How is your P2 gal coping in terms of school work and is she taking part in Ballet?

Cheers
PrincessP

PrincessP
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby spikey » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm

can any of the parents here clarify whether PLMGS Pri has affiliation with MGS in Bukit Timah?

spikey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby PrincessP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:32 pm

spikey wrote:can any of the parents here clarify whether PLMGS Pri has affiliation with MGS in Bukit Timah?

Hi Spikey,

I think i can be of help here. they are not affiliated to MGS in BT.
But PLMGS Pri is affiliated to PLMGS Sec.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
PrincessP

PrincessP
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups