LEARNConcierge

Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Re: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

Postby bebebub » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 am

bibber wrote:Hi,

Can i check if we must buy the sock from the school? can we wear any sock that is not printed with school name?
Can I ask if any one have put their dd into student care eg: proteach? able to share your experience if any?
Any guideline where to sew the name tag?
Sorry for asking so many question? Thanks in advance.

Yup. White socks are acceptable.
Centralise the name tag just above the school badge.
Student care - no experience. Sorry.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pa_Pa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm

Can i check if we must buy the sock from the school? can we wear any sock that is not printed with school name?
Can I ask if any one have put their dd into student care eg: proteach? able to share your experience if any?
Any guideline where to sew the name tag?

Your DD can wear any white sock.
As for the name tag it is iron and stick onto the uniform.
There will be instruction given on how to do it together with the name tag you order.

Pa_Pa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby BB Love » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi,

Can I check what kind of school bags do you buy for your girls?
Is it necessary to buy ergo bags?
What brands?

BB Love
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby bibber » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 am

Dear bebedub and papa. Thanks for e reply... appreciate it.

bibber
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Kissgurami » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:53 am

bebebub wrote:The praise n worship song 'Forever'? Dd said it's nice. She like it. I reckon you were there? Well done!

Dd's class held a mini farewell party for Mrs Ho on Monday. Can see that the girls really love her. What a great lady!

Hv u read the Nov Notification? I like how Mrs Ho refer to the school as the 'sheltering walls'.

Dd got her class allocation y'day. She is sad that one of her good friend will not be in the same class as her :sad:

haha yes I was there and dancing :oops: :oops: :oops:

I did, her last message was very sweet. Oh no, they re-allocate the classes every year?

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:16 am

Kissgurami wrote:
bebebub wrote:The praise n worship song 'Forever'? Dd said it's nice. She like it. I reckon you were there? Well done!

Dd's class held a mini farewell party for Mrs Ho on Monday. Can see that the girls really love her. What a great lady!

Hv u read the Nov Notification? I like how Mrs Ho refer to the school as the 'sheltering walls'.

Dd got her class allocation y'day. She is sad that one of her good friend will not be in the same class as her :sad:

haha yes I was there and dancing :oops: :oops: :oops:

I did, her last message was very sweet. Oh no, they re-allocate the classes every year?

I'm not quite sure. I reckon they do it at end P2 n end P4.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kissgurami » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:46 pm

I have my DD1 in student care and DD2 will be joining also. There are 3 student cares around PLMGS, Pro-Teach , Little Professors and Tung Ling.

I am happy with Pro Teach :smile: , you might want to attend around to find a fit for you and your DD :smile: coz I have heard good reviews for Tung Ling as well. Haven't heard much for Little Professors but there are children in there from other primary.

Kissgurami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Bluedale » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:51 pm

BB Love wrote:Hi,

Can I check what kind of school bags do you buy for your girls?
Is it necessary to buy ergo bags?
What brands?

Hi BB Love,
It's not absolutely necessary to buy an ergo bag, I see the girls carry a mix of normal and ergo backpacks, but if you can afford it, it's good to have. SPI is quite popular, i myself was "kiasu" and bought one for my daughter when she was entering P1 this year. Was $80+ at some promo. According to my girl, the waist strap does help to place some weight on her hips. The straps are adjustable to fit them comfortably. i feel, half of the time, their bags are quite heavy. Quite a few girls carry the SPI bags (so do tag your bag with something in case of mixup)...

There's usually a sea of pink at school dismissal, it's most girls' favourite color. To be unique, you may want to avoid pink. Another tip is, get a darker color if you don't want her bag dirty easily. They sometimes like to place their bags on the floor and sit on them.

I don't know about other brands. The ones at Popular look good too and don't seem too expensive.

Bluedale
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Bluedale » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:59 pm

By the way, I bought the SPI Active bag, size S - could fit her files, etc. I did my own little research and settled on this one because among the SPI ones, this was lighter i think.

Bluedale
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby angel » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:30 pm

Kissgurami wrote:Attended the P1 orientation today for DD2 and Mrs Ho held the session.

They have different CCAs for the P1 to pick now and Guzheng is no longer offered similar to Ballet.

They have added Prelude International Dance and Prelude String Ensemble instead.

Hi Kissguriami,

may I check with you when will we need to sign up for the CCAs and how much, if you have any idea.

Thank you for your advice.

Regards :smile:

angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups

LEARNConcierge