Xinmin Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Xinmin Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:21 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Xinmin Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Xin Min Primary School - Any parents with kids in P1 and P3

Postby ReturnedSingaporean » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 pm

hi there

are there any parents out there that has kids in P1 or P3 in XinMin.

Like to network.

ReturnedSingaporean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby palm80 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi ReturnedSingaporean,

Hi, mine's in class 3B, yours?

:) palm80

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

palm80 wrote:Hi ReturnedSingaporean,

Hi, mine's in class 3B, yours?

:) palm80

Wow... Xinmin still uses the good ol' A, B, C to denote classes instead of the more fanciful names that seem to be the rage these days? I'm impressed :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby palm80 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Chief,

I forgot A for what, but class B is for Benovelence, C is Courage or Charity, so it is A, B, C etc. Class 3A is made up of all pupils who scored 1st or 2nd place in P2 so it is the cream of the crop class. They are also assigned the best teachers, so says my mum. :p

My boy got into class B cos he got all Band 1 when he's in P2. Right now we are struggling with his Chinese. seems to get from bad to worse..... :cry:

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 am

palm80 wrote:... I forgot A for what, but class B is for Benovelence, C is Courage or Charity, so it is A, B, C etc...

:faint: and here I thought Xinmin was so refreshingly different :|

palm80 wrote:... Right now we are struggling with his Chinese. seems to get from bad to worse..... :cry:

I can imagine... and it will only get worse. My son's Chinese was OK in P1, cracks showing in P2, terrible in P3, and now getting a bit better in P4 due to my DW's efforts over the last year. It's tough for us ang-moh-speaking families. That's why we have literally inundated our 4yo daughter since she was 3 with all kinds of Chinese enrichment, to avoid repeating our sins of the past.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby palm80 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Dear Chief,

Aiyo! sorry for MIA for so long....busy for the past few months. It seemed that we only have 2 XMPS mums in this forum... so sad.... :heartbroken:

My son's results are out. Mostly band 2 now. Only Maths maintained at Band 1. Sad....my own Chinese is very good, even now. But I make a lousy teacher and we are not ang moh-speaking family. We speak mandarin at home. must find another tuition teacher for my son. His current teacher is good, just that class size is getting bigger (RC tuition)....

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby BlurBee » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:44 pm

Yes, I feel that even though the kid is from mandarin speaking family, his/her chinese may not be good. He/she can speak good mandarin doesn't mean can also recognize or write good chinese.

Just my 2cents. :D

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby palm80 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:44 am

BlurBee wrote:Yes, I feel that even though the kid is from mandarin speaking family, his/her chinese may not be good. He/she can speak good mandarin doesn't mean can also recognize or write good chinese.

Just my 2cents. :D

Dear BlurBee, totally agree with you. my boy certainly falls into that category that you mentioned. my generation (at least my sisters and I) accredits our good chinese/mandarin to the novels, comics that we read. My boy, he surfs the net and speaks Amercian english....of course, children are blank sheet of paper and the media that we expose them to mould them into what they become....i regret exposing my boy to the internet at such a tender age (he starts at P1). I won't be exposing my younger boy (now 2yo) so early.

cheers, palm80

palm80
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby serenejz » Thu May 13, 2010 11:42 am

Hi parents,

I am planning to register my son in Xinmin Primary School. Wanting to find out how is the school overall? Principal, the teachers, academic and CCA?

Hopefully parents here can share your views n opinion with me.

Thank you.

serenejz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups