Jurong Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Jurong Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:22 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Jurong Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

Link to school information.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Zhu Ma » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi, my son is in P3 of Jurong Primary School. Anyone with children in the same school? Lets discuss and share here 8)

Zhu Ma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Zhu Ma wrote:Hi, my son is in P3 of Jurong Primary School. Anyone with children in the same school? Lets discuss and share here 8)

Welcome Zhu Ma! How's it like to be in Jurong East's hottest school :) ? Is the environment stressful? Does your son spend a lot of time doing CCA?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby EN » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello Zhu Ma

Mine in P2. I hv two friends teaching in the school & my primary school prefect head master (surprisingly he still remembers me) as the visiting counsellor.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby rpsd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi Zhu Ma and EN, today just went for the registered for my girl for Jurong Primary school.

Care to share more about the school? Like generally was the teacher and principal there good? DO they give a lot of homework? etc.

rpsd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby EN » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Care to share more about the school? Like generally was the teacher and principal there good? DO they give a lot of homework? etc.

Teachers... some nice, some not. Principal.....no comment (she might be checking in this thread).

Homework I think highly depends on who the teacher is. Quite a number of parents says a lot of homework. So far very minimal for ds.

By the way, welcome to JPS, rpsd.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zhu Ma » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:41 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Zhu Ma wrote:Hi, my son is in P3 of Jurong Primary School. Anyone with children in the same school? Lets discuss and share here 8)

Welcome Zhu Ma! How's it like to be in Jurong East's hottest school :) ? Is the environment stressful? Does your son spend a lot of time doing CCA?

Hi ChiefKiasu! There are alot of schools out there that is hotter :wink: The school only allows 1 CCA per child and he only started Robotics as CCA this year. So far so good lah, only need to attend CCA once a week. Stressful? Maybe only starting from this year cos homework is quite heavy for son.

Zhu Ma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Zhu Ma » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:45 pm

EN wrote:Hello Zhu Ma

Mine in P2. I hv two friends teaching in the school & my primary school prefect head master (surprisingly he still remembers me) as the visiting counsellor.

Hi EN, it is lucky of you to have friends teaching in your child's school... can get insider information hor? like how yr child is behaving at school etc. haha....

Zhu Ma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Zhu Ma » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:51 pm

rpsd wrote:Hi Zhu Ma and EN, today just went for the registered for my girl for Jurong Primary school.

Hi rpsd! Like what EN said, i oso felt that like all schools, there are good and bad teachers. As for homework, my son don't have much homework when he was in P1 & P2. But this year P3 really alot alot of homework man. Can be as much as 4 or 5 homework per day, of cos sometimes there is none lah.

Zhu Ma
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby EN » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 am

Zhu Ma, nay.... no insiders information. But yes, she did comment my son to be very good at asking question. Only problem is while she is busy explaining, he is also busy talking. Once she finished explaining and there the questions pop up. :lol:

Does your child need to sit for entrance test before being admitted to Robotics? I did ask ds to join in but he is not interested. He wants to join violin which I am okay at first until I see that he needs to sit for ABRSM exams. Literally means if he takes up, he will be sitting for two ABRSM exam per year. One for piano & one for violin which I say no as I think it can create too much stress.

Join chess last year but he found that the teacher just leave the P1 to play on their own. He calls it quit because he feels that he don't learn anything.

So, this year he has no eca and by next year don't know what he wants to take up. I feel should at least take up one eca.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups