Boon Lay Garden Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Boon Lay Garden Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Boon Lay Garden Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Is this how they treat the PSLE candidates ?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp ... n_lay.html

These pupils, sitting for their PSLE oral exam today(20 Aug), were made to wait in the rain outside their school gate. Is this how the school 'prepares' their pupils before a major exam, questions a furious STOMPer Teow.

The pupils stood in the heavy rain for a long time as the security guards refused to let them in, says the STOMPer.

As a result, they were thoroughly drenched before taking their exam.

Teow describes the incident:

"My daughter is a pupil of Boon Lay Garden Primary School, who is sitting for her PSLE oral examination this morning.

"She was told to report to the school before 9.30am to sit for her exam. As my wife and I had to go to work, I arranged for my brother-in-law to send her to school this morning.

"Since my daughter told us that they had to wait outside the gate until their allocated time, I thought the school will make alternative arrangements as it is was raining quite heavily.

"But when my brother-in-law reached there around 9am with my daughter, he was surprised to see that there were a lot of PSLE pupils waiting outside the gate in the rain.

"He spoke to the school's security officer to let the pupils into the school and wait at the covered link-way since it is was raining so heavily.

"He was shocked and angry that the security officer refused to do so, stating that they were following instructions.

"Just then, a female staff or teacher came out to the security post and my brother-in-law asked her why the students were made to wait in the rain.

"The staff/teacher replied 'I don't know why the security officer didn't let the students in' and proceeded to let the children into the school without further explanation or apology.

"My daughter was lucky that she had just arrived, but I really pity those other children who had arrived at the school much earlier than her.

"What happens if those pupils fall ill? Who is going to pay for their medical treatment and take care of them?

"This is really a show of bad planning, communication and arrangement by the school and the lack of initiative by the school's security officers.

"This is also a case of ill-treatment of the pupils by the staff, teachers and principal of the school."
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 pm

I remember this is also the school with the halal / non-halal canteen segregation
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RRMummy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:32 pm

geezz... it is kinda sad... i sure hate it when I have to go to work with wet shoes and pants... what more when its a major exam.. poor kiddos.. :(

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 pm

No wonder even though the area near the school is so densely populated the school is not popular for back up choices also :shock:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tigermom99 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm

LKVM wrote:No wonder even though the area near the school is so densely populated the school is not popular for back up choices also :shock:

too early to say! :P

tigermom99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tigermom99 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:19 pm

LKVM wrote:No wonder even though the area near the school is so densely populated the school is not popular for back up choices also :shock:

Vacancy for phase 3
Boon lay Garden 20 :love:
Corporation 46 :cry:
Juying 14 :wink:

At least we are not the last!! :stupid:

tigermom99
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

BLGPS is very interesting

Total Vacancies 300

Taken up in :

Phase 1 : 98
Phase 2A1: 0
Phase 2A2 : 7
Phase 2B : 0
Phase 2C : 67
Balance after 2C : 128

Balance taken up at Phase 3 : 20

Meaning Phase 2C Supp = 128 - 20 = 108 !!!
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Boon Lay Garden Primary

Postby maykenth » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 am

hi parents out there.. i am registering my dd in phase 2cs tomorrow. can any one feed back on this school environment , and teachers. is this school improving a lot recently?

my neighbour actually register her dd P2 n ds P1 in this school. her,P2 dd is wearing a junior prefect sign on her uniform. and her mom says the school is not tat bad..the teachers too. but i c there are lot lots of active kids, shouting throwing cans drinks, even play truth or dare lying on Road Side! (many months ago) at nearest school bus stop. ( my house bus stop)

its so near to my house. its walking distance. no need bus.. is academic preparing PSLE is good enough? chalenging enough when comparing to others neighbourhood school. i am so worried tat i enter my dd to school tat c wont be happy.

pls help..

maykenth
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Boon Lay Garden Primary

Postby phtthp » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 am

what is Boon Lay Garden primary highest PSLE score this year ?
percentage scored > 250 ?

which are the top few classes from P4 - P6 ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups