Corporation Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Corporation Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:23 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Corporation Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Corporation Primary

Postby Champion » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 am

Hi ChiefKiasu,
It been almost a year that I have not logged on :wink: Time flies....

Ok, my elder gal is currently P1 in Corporation Primary. She is enjoying herself alot in the school and is the Class Monitoress :lol: Basically she has homework everyday but still manageable as she can complete them within 0.5 hour or so.

One thing is that I am not "the active" type of mum who social around with her classmates' parents or the school teachers due to I am a full time working mum. Thus, till this day I not even get the form teacher contacts (Mobile No., E-mail, etc.)....probably other parents can share whether how do they communicate with the school form teachers or other subjects teachers? Thanks a lot

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:01 am

Champion wrote:Hi ChiefKiasu,

Ok, my elder gal is currently P1 in Corporation Primary. She is enjoying herself alot in the school and is the Class Monitoress :lol: Basically she has homework everyday but still manageable as she can complete them within 0.5 hour or so.

One thing is that I am not "the active" type of mum who social around with her classmates' parents or the school teachers due to I am a full time working mum. Thus, till this day I not even get the form teacher contacts (Mobile No., E-mail, etc.)....probably other parents can share whether how do they communicate with the school form teachers or other subjects teachers? Thanks a lot

Welcome back, Champion! My son is in Konghwa and not only do we have the teacher's email and phone numbers - they have ours too! We get calls from them about missing homework and stuff :stupid: . Sigh :) .
Anyway, some of the comms come through the KHS Parents Portal, where parents ask mostly administrative questions.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby KL » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:36 am

Hi Champion,

Still remember me ? kl

My girl also in Corp Pri Sch P1 this year. She is in class 1.1. What abt yours ?

I am a parent volunteer in school but not an active one as i have a little one to look after.

How's the preparation of the SA2 ?

Btw, I also dont have the form teacher email address and contact nos. :oops:

Champion wrote:Hi ChiefKiasu,

KL
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Champion » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:29 pm

deleted
Last edited by Champion on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby snoorks » Wed May 12, 2010 2:32 pm

Any feedback on this school. Since Corp Pri seems to be "under the radar" school in Jurong West area :lol:

snoorks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Corporation Primary School

Postby Kabby » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 am

My son is in P1 this year. He enjoys school a lot.

We chose the school because it is nearby, it has CCAs that our son is passionate about, has dedicated teachers and we talked to the principal who we feel shares the same beliefs as us. That is, to focus on the holistic development of the child.

We are extremely happy with that because he then has time to enjoy other pursuits in school and out of school which we feel is very important. :-)

The other thing important to us is the single-session system. They get to start later at 8am and they can end later at 3pm. That gives the kids time for computer lessons, PAL programme, learning to swim prog (P2) and to carry out their alternative modes of assessment, or do projects.

This 8-3 timing is similar to what schools in Japan or USA or UK have. It's not so packed and rushed in the school day. Only regret is that very few primary schools have a large outdoor playground like schools overseas. But we told him to run around the school garden with his friends during each break. At least that is a change from sitting down for extended periods in his class.

The teachers send out a letter to the parents at the start of the year with their names, emails and contact no.s. I use those or the student handbook to contact them. They are usually good at replying and responding. So far it has been very open communication between his trs and us.

Thanks to LKVM, who had this idea of having a list. :love: :love: :love:

HERE IS THE 2013 LIST of KSP members associated with CPS
(updated Nov 2012)

Primary 5 parents

Champion/dd1/Endurance 1
mercury95sg/dd/
KL

Primary 4 parents

Kabby/ds1/
Dinky

Primary 3 parents

LKVM/ds1/
RJK/dd/
ExpatMom/ds/
summergem
skyozone/dd/
rush1.5
alyn/dd/
ningval
louedy
Albon

Primary 2 parents

Champion/dd2/
cricketer_dad/dd/
queen1108/ds1/
sno_opy/dd/
mercury95sg/ds/
ttmummy/dd/

Primary 1 parents

Dora1/dd/Respect 2

Our alumni

torres79 -
doublesmile10 - 2010 P6.1 - Nan Hua High
songlz123 - 2010 P6.1 - PSLE 267 - Raffles Institution
KiasuAdult - 2011 P6.1 - PSLE 262 - River Valley High

(If you see your name here but have not posted publicly, come and join our community!)
Last edited by Kabby on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Corporation Primary School

Postby Champion » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 am

Hi tjm,
It is so encouraging to see your message on this thread :D ...I always feel that there are not many "KiasuParents" parents with children in this school :lol:

My gal she is in P2 this year and also enjoying her school v v much. One reason also because she has v dedicated Form Teacher and she gets along well with all her classmates. DH does mention once in awhile if she is ok if we will do a transfer for her to another school (Just a casual remark) and guess what? Immediately, she burst into tears :cry: . So we know that she is comfortable in the school and is learning well in the envt. Although many may give remarks:"Huh, no exams then how to grade a child's progress?" But when I spoke to her F.T. during the Parent-Teacher-Meeting, she assured me that my gal is doing extremely well and so long she maintains the standard or better still to strive for a higher level, she will able to cope with P3 next year.

I hope parents, esp those staying in Jurong West, after reading what tjm has written will give a 2nd thought - maybe to consider Corporation Primary too. Just my own little sharing.....

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kabby » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm

That's great to hear! Your dd has settled down really well I think!

When I visit the school, I get a general feeling that the kids are all very happy there. They are lively and spontaneous. Not rigid and serious or stressed.

During the PTM, I feel the portfolio that was shown to us, as well as the alternative assessments, were enough to track progress and evaluate the kids' learning. I don't think they are losing out by not having exams. In fact, the papers stated that MOE wants all schools to follow suit by 2013 - scrap exams for P1 and P2. (that's great cos i still have 2 other kids after this eldest one)
Last edited by Kabby on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kabby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Giggler1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Thks tjm and Champion for your feedback on Corp Pr.

I've alr list this sch as my back up plan if we not able to get into West Grove after phase 2B. :lol:

Giggler1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups