Juying Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Juying Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Juying Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ctcc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:30 pm

My boy is P1 in Juying this yr.

I am glad that my boy is in this school. Hope to meet more parents here.

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:38 pm

ctcc wrote:My boy is P1 in Juying this yr.

I am glad that my boy is in this school. Hope to meet more parents here.

Hey ctcc, how are your kid's teachers in the school? Do you communicate with them regularly?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ctcc » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Most of us have the form teacher email and mobile no.

The P1 and P2 form teacher wl bring the chn to the gate daily, so parents that fetch their chn wl be able to see the teacher everyday. Some parents will talk to the teacher if any question. Some was there to meet the teacher to pick up homework for their chn when their chn on MC. There is once when I was there to pick up the homewk for my boy, the teacher mentioned that she forgot to chk with the mother tongue teacher but she say not to worry and ask me to go home 1st. She will send it to my house if the mother tongue teacher hv homework.

They organize a lot of activities that involve parents . After the orientation, they have organize talk on how to prepare yr chn for P1. on 2nd and 3rd day of school, there will also talk for parents to attend. They also organize reading marathon in evening aroung 7pm to 8.30pm (so far there’s 2, they are single session) for parents and chn. Friendship day and Chinese new years, etc…

ctcc
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:27 pm

ctcc wrote:... There is once when I was there to pick up the homewk for my boy, the teacher mentioned that she forgot to chk with the mother tongue teacher but she say not to worry and ask me to go home 1st. She will send it to my house if the mother tongue teacher hv homework.

They organize a lot of activities that involve parents . After the orientation, they have organize talk on how to prepare yr chn for P1. on 2nd and 3rd day of school, there will also talk for parents to attend. They also organize reading marathon in evening aroung 7pm to 8.30pm (so far there’s 2, they are single session) for parents and chn. Friendship day and Chinese new years, etc…

Wow... the staff definitely sound very dedicated to their jobs! No wonder Juying's Phase 1 TUR has been shot up by 13% over last year's... parents with children currently in the school want their younger children to go to the school too!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby javbaby » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi,

My son is in P2 this year.

Hope to get to know more mummies here.

javbaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Orientation on 20 Nov

Postby Yerdua » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Hi mummies,

I had been eyeing NHPS, Nanyang Pri sch since my ds was in N2 and have never consider moving out from my JW unit. Anyway, we cant afford a unit in bukit timah too. So, wrote to both sch to be voluteers but was turned down after a loong wait...

Started to look for alternatives since Jan, asking neighbours, chating wif pri sch children from the playground, reading this forum, checking out the schools.... After a long search and discussion with dh and ds, here we are at Juying Primary School.

Once in a while I do feel dishearted, "why my ds cant go nh or nanyang..." Honestly,I am trying to convince myself that Juying is the best choice that we can have as it solve our major problem of logistics being single session and its near home. Studying in branded schools wld also mean additional stress to ds and myself and there is much life apart from academics. Anyway, both dh, ds are happy with the environment and my ds is looking fwd to go to the big sch for orientation this 20 nov :D

So, the most important thing now, is to put aside my mixed feelings and make sure my ds has a smooth transition to Juying Primary school!
JYPS, We Are Coming! :lol:
Last edited by Yerdua on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Yerdua » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm

To be more involved, i also apply to volunteer my service in the school! Hope that it will be fun for me and ds! :celebrate:

Yerdua
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby daisyt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

I heard that Junying robotic's CCA is strong. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby edanson » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Yerdua wrote:
Once in a while I do feel dishearted, "why my ds cant go nh or nanyang..." Honestly,I am trying to convince myself that Juying is the best choice that we can have as it solve our major problem of logistics being single session and its near home. Studying in branded schools wld also mean additional stress to ds and myself and there is much life apart from academics. Anyway, both dh, ds are happy with the environment and my ds is looking fwd to go to the big sch for orientation this 20 nov

Don't be disheared. Studying in neighbourhood school is as good - likewise you mentioned, neighbourhood schools are less stressful. On top of that branded schools have many 'rich' people - more traffic jams,etc. etc. and also time spent on the journey can be quite tiring for the kids. When the child forget to bring things to school, you are unlikely to help bring them as the school is normally quite a distance away.

Both my kids were from neighbour schools and they did very well and they were very happy when they were in that school.
Both are in branded schools now due to their own promotion into them.

Neighbour schools are as good now. In fact when my boy was first transferred to one of the branded schools ( as mentioned in your message) , he does not like it that much and he long to return back to his old school . He said that the friends in his old school are better.

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups