Pioneer Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Pioneer Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:27 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Pioneer Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby novena » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:46 am

any1 knows well abt tis school???

novena
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby xana79 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:00 pm

hi .. my son will be entering P1 in this sch next year. hope can hear from other parents whose children already in this sch about their experience.

xana79
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby panic_parent » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:16 am

:?
Is there any parent whose children is currently studying in Pioneer Primary?
I would like to know what the review of the school and how hard is it to enter the school.

Thank You..

Appreciated all help.

panic_parent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby nghsui » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 am

I would also like to know more about Pioneer.

Heard from neighbours that the school has many after school activities and remedial lessons. Their children also brought home lots of homework..issit so stressful there???

nghsui
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby BeContented » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:27 pm

Hi,
Dun think it is very difficult to enter the school (at least not during my time even tho it was the dragon year).

On schoolwork, I guess it's very much dependent on the teachers and which class & level. The higher primary naturally more stressful. Also, the better classes tend to be more stressful.....I guess that's the same in every school.

On remedial classes, (speaking on only P3-P5), believe the kids will have to stay back for 2 days. Plus a CCA.....so depending on the CCA day, the kid will probably stay back 2-3 days a week. And if you sign up for enrichment, more days may be required. For eg, my kid joined 2 CCA + 1 enrichment + special program etc....he's staying back all 5 days till 5pm.

Previously, I dun see much homework, but this year, I sense that the school seems to be pushing harder. Perhaps cos' my kid is P5 or perhaps cos he's starting later at 5.30pm, I do find the workload heavier.

Guess all of us are always in a dilemma. When they have little to do, we complain. When they have too much, we also complain ;) What I try to do it.....IF school too little work, I load. IF school too much work, I try to coach them on whatever they cannot handle....and still load when they are free...ha. Sometimes, it's the kids lah....they tend to dilly dally, walk around, daydream and write too slowly.....then we nag and push loh.

Cheers.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

new school near Pioneer MRT by year2012

Postby jiyou2003 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Anyone know how to find out more about new school? Things like where to apply for transfer? What is require? Who will be the principal?
Pls guide. Need some pointer.
Thanks in advance. :D

jiyou2003
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Dear jiyou2003

Kindly refrain from spamming all the Primary School threads in the West. If you are able to tell us which particular school you are looking at, I am sure there would be more than enough helpful parents here to assist you.

Postby jiyou2003 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm

25hourmaid wrote:Dear jiyou2003

Kindly refrain from spamming all the Primary School threads in the West. If you are able to tell us which particular school you are looking at, I am sure there would be more than enough helpful parents here to assist you.

The new school are in the west, near Pioneer MRT. IIf u know where I can find this information, pls tell me. I really do not know who to ask. Sure there are parents in the nearby school are keen to "transfer".

jiyou2003
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jiyou2003 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm

jiyou2003 wrote:
25hourmaid wrote:Dear jiyou2003

The new school are in the west, near Pioneer MRT. IIf u know where I can find this information, pls tell me. I really do not know who to ask. Sure there are parents in the nearby school are keen to "transfer".

There isnt are school name printed the the Town counil mag that we received in March thru e letterbox. It just mention it will be in operation in y2012. This school is so near to our home, just walking distance.

jiyou2003
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups