Hong Wen

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Hong Wen

Postby JJParents » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:37 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Hong Wen

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

For more information about the school, click here.

==========

hello daddys & mummys..
are you all aware of any after school care that is near Hong Wen Primary or any SAHM that can help out for a fee..

My son is going there next year.. we are staying within 1km of school but i cant find a after school care..
:(

JJParents
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: After School Care near Hong Wen Primary??

Postby Condo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:22 pm

JJParents wrote:hello daddys & mummys..
are you all aware of any after school care that is near Hong Wen Primary or any SAHM that can help out for a fee..

My son is going there next year.. we are staying within 1km of school but i cant find a after school care..
:(

Hi, this is the 1st time I post a reply in the forum :D I am thinking of putting my kids in Hong Wen too. Do you manage to find any after school care nearby the school?

Condo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JJParents » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:51 am

Hi there..
my son is in there now.. i had to get a maid..
but good news if yr child is going there next year.. the school is starting after care student services with an external service provider in this year. it will be in school and details will be out sometime this month...

Do let me know if yr child will be in.. i'll be glad to share any info that u need as a HW parent..

JJParents
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Condo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 am

JJParents wrote:Hi there..
but good news if yr child is going there next year.. the school is starting after care student services with an external service provider in this year. it will be in school and details will be out sometime this month...

Do let me know if yr child will be in.. i'll be glad to share any info that u need as a HW parent..

Hi, thanks a lot for your good news :D
My gal's P1 registration is next year. I am hoping to get a school with after school care and not too far from my place. My place is more than 1km but within 2km from the school, so hope I could register her in next year. Had signed up as PV but not yet hear any news from the school.

Condo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eve74sg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 am

JJParents wrote:Hi there..

I am also a HW parent, glad to find one here.

I am unlikely to go for After Sch care as i have another younger kid.
Yes, the vendor for the After Sch care is having meeting with us parents this Sat.

eve74sg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Condo » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 am

Hi, thanks for sharing this info. Hope you all could udate me with the outcome of the meeting, that is, whether the vendor confirm setting up the after school care in the school, how much is the student care fee, how many students it can accomodate etc.

Condo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hquek » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm

came across this in asiaone.com

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=21639

Sounds scary. One thing to scold and admonish kids, another to be waving a scissors around.

Any parents with kids in HW who can share their experience?

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:02 am

This must be very scary for a P1 child. I'm surprised the Hong Wen teacher will do that. Might be good to really investigate the whole incident. Just by reading the parents story, it's hard to judge as we parents are very protective of our children. My son is in Hong Wen P2, so far never heard him mentioned teacher threatening them. Maybe should ask him tonight.

smum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hquek » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:08 am

hi smum,

Could you share some idea on what HW life is like? For instance, the teachers encountered, the level of homework, the academic standards in general. I can't find much in their website - only know for sure they seem to place a lot of pride in their rope skipping and maybe wushu.

Thanks much!

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smum » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 pm

I think Hong Wen belongs to those very "Chinese" culture school. They have old folks home people attending school celebration. Donation to charity etc. So I think it is good for character building for the students.

I found they are not over emphasis on homework. For me, it's great because I prefer my child not to have so much homework. But for most parents, this might not be a good thing.

Hong Wen is a SAP school. Found their Higher Chinese standard not bad. There are regular test to ensure the students learn. So far, I have never receive any notice of English or Maths test in school. I think they do it internally and did not expect parents to help revise with the child.

Feels that it is more for those parents who wants the child to expose to Chinese culture. Definitely not for those who is looking for academic advancement.

smum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups