Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:31 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby tony » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Tks, Chief, for the hard work you've put into setting the threads up. I literally saw the threads get built up school by school :!:.

My son will be in ACPS next year. Hope to meet more parents in a similar situation.

Orientation is on 30 Oct at 2.30pm.

tony
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:49 pm

tony wrote:Tks, Chief, for the hard work you've put into setting the threads up. I literally saw the threads get built up school by school :!:.

My son will be in ACPS next year. Hope to meet more parents in a similar situation.

Orientation is on 30 Oct at 2.30pm.

Kekkekke :lol: So you know how long it took. I almost fell asleep when I was at the midway point. Had to stop for awhile before I continued.

I think it's important that school orientation happens in October, to give parents enough time to get prepared for the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Sierra_3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Tony, my son will also be attending ACS Barker in 2010. See you during orientation.

Sierra_3
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby assiduousmum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi parents, does ACPS has silent reading in the morning? Tks.

assiduousmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

What's the difference

Postby dolphin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Parents,

Can share what is the difference/strength between these schools. I hope to enroll my child for P1 in 2011. Being the lowest priority group - Phase 2C, guess I have to be more hardworking to nail down a school to do parent volunteer.

1. Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road)
2. Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)
3. Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

Thanks

dolphin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: What's the difference

Postby spikey » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:04 pm

dolphin wrote:Hi Parents,

Can share what is the difference/strength between these schools. I hope to enroll my child for P1 in 2011. Being the lowest priority group - Phase 2C, guess I have to be more hardworking to nail down a school to do parent volunteer.

Thanks

only s/n 2 and 3 are primary schools and to my knowledge, they don't seek parent volunteers. I think the only chance of getting in with 2C is if you live within 1 km.

spikey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dolphin » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:20 pm

wah, so the parents must be extremely rich to migrate the whole family to that district. My last check for a 3-RM apt cost abt $2.6millions :?:

based on their ballot results, Phase 2C need ballot ... if didn't get a place there, what will MOE do?

dolphin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby curiousl-ks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks

(1) and (3) are the same school

curiousl-ks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby spikey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 pm

curiousl-ks wrote:

Thanks

(1) and (3) are the same school

nope - 1. is the secondary school, 3. is the primary school. The secondary school has traditionally been called "Anglo Chinese School", without "secondary".

spikey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups