Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
redalf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)

Post by redalf » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello,

Anyone know which is the best/worst class in P4 next year?

Thank you!

happy_everyday
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by happy_everyday » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Dear all,

May I ask, is there any school openings at ACSP for parents to visit and take a look at the school campus? And usually is in which month and how to register?

Thank you! :udawoman: :udaman:

Snoopette28
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Snoopette28 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am

Hello. I have a query. For parents who put their sons on school bus to and fro home. Would you know whether the school bus can do a drop off at the student care (not acs student care) instead of home?
Appreciate your reply. Thanks.

skysky2018
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by skysky2018 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 am

Hi all, may I check, in ACS Primary, roughly how many students can get into its GEP every year?

Will all the boys have chance to sit in the test for selection at their P3, or only short-listed (chosen by the school) have the chance to sit in Round 1 test?

Thanks very much!

entei17
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by entei17 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:22 am

skysky2018 wrote:Hi all, may I check, in ACS Primary, roughly how many students can get into its GEP every year?

It varies from single digit to teens. Schools don't train them for GEP. Schools with wealthier/higher educated parents who have better resources could have more, but its not statistically significant. NYPS has the most who qualified each year I believe. Both a function of the larger P1 cohort of 390 vs (200+ in other schools), as well as their more "rigorous"/highly competitive mainstream education.

Will all the boys have chance to sit in the test for selection at their P3, or only short-listed (chosen by the school) have the chance to sit in Round 1 test?

The GEP screening (Round 1) and selection (Round 2) tests are open to every primary school going children including foreigners, regardless of their school results.

Thanks very much!

skysky2018
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by skysky2018 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you so much for the helpful information!:)

ycngor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ycngor » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 am

Good morning, parents! I've read the previous comments about the morning traffic but those are old postings. I'll be driving and has already applied for the car label to go into the school to drop my kid off. I would like to find out from parents who drive, especially those who exit PIE-Whitley and come along SCGS towards the school, typically, how long is the wait time before you get into the school? I could also take the route via KK hospital and drop my kid off at Balmoral Plaza. Not sure which is the best option. Would appreciate it greatly if any parent could advise.

ypurple
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ypurple » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Dear all,

May I ask, is there any school openings at ACSP for parents to visit and take a look at the school campus? Anyone taken school bus to ACS? Thank you!

Betz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Betz » Thu May 09, 2019 2:12 am

According to previous posts, my understanding is that GEP students can opt for higher Chinese at primary 4. Is higher Chinese also offered to non-GEP students in primary 4 or even earlier? Are students streamed according to their Chinese proficiency? If so, which year does it take place? There is not much information in the school website. Thanks.

paelove
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by paelove » Wed May 15, 2019 11:47 am

hi fellow parents, anyone knows if acsp will be having open house?