Loyang Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Loyang Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Loyang Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon May 24, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sunnybear » Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Hi

Anybody with your kids at Loyang Primary School ?
:lol:

sunnybear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunnybear » Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am

Hi

Still nobody have kid in this school ?
Anybody know if this school is good/ok or any comments plse.
Thanks.

sunnybear wrote:Hi

Anybody with your kids at Loyang Primary School ?
:lol:

sunnybear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby agentcodybank » Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi

My son was from Loyang. Those in the first 2 classes usually did well for their PSLE, some of the sec schs they were posted to are RGS, Dunman High, Anglican High, Maris Stella High, Victoria Sch, SST, Ngee Ann Sec, etc.

The previous principal was very motherly. She ususally walks around the school mingling with the students. It has a cosy and family feeling. The new principal, I heard is very dynamic.

Students from the first 2 classes in my son's cohort are ALL very well-behaved and sensible. They do not curse and swear, at least not at teachers. i heard from my son some of his secondary classmates from "better" schools are quite rude to teachers and fellow classmates. I also read from his facebook that his former Loyang classmates also lamented their new sec sch classmates are "pervert"!

In a way, I am glad they turn out well even though it is not a "branded" school.

agentcodybank
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunnybear » Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 pm

agentcodybank wrote:Hi

My son was from Loyang. Those in the first 2 classes usually did well for their PSLE, some of the sec schs they were posted to are RGS, Dunman High, Anglican High, Maris Stella High, Victoria Sch, SST, Ngee Ann Sec, etc.

The previous principal was very motherly. She ususally walks around the school mingling with the students. It has a cosy and family feeling. The new principal, I heard is very dynamic.

Students from the first 2 classes in my son's cohort are ALL very well-behaved and sensible. They do not curse and swear, at least not at teachers. i heard from my son some of his secondary classmates from "better" schools are quite rude to teachers and fellow classmates. I also read from his facebook that his former Loyang classmates also lamented their new sec sch classmates are "pervert"!

In a way, I am glad they turn out well even though it is not a "branded" school.

Dear agentcodybank

Thank you so much for your reply.
For a moment.....i really lost hope of hearing from anyone
Once again, thanks for your posting
It is great to hear that your son turn out to be very well behave..
Ya beside academic, character building is something that as parent, we should not forget to emphaise on....
Btw, my girl actually wanted to do a transfer in ...currently P1 only
i was wondering if the school actually band the student according to their year end result ?

sunnybear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby agentcodybank » Fri May 28, 2010 4:04 am

In my son's time, they streamed them end of P1, so you must try to get your daughter into the first two classes in P2 and onwards.

In most schools, it is the same. Try to get your child into the first few classes, the environment is more conducive. However, in Loyang, I was quite surprise to hear from my son that some pupils from 6.5 also did quite well.

If you are concerned about vacancy for your child to transfer in, I think the school facilities should be able to accomodate one more pupil as it is a single session sch. But better check with the school admin as I no longer linger there, so may not know the situation now. Anyway, they do have foreign students seeking admission, so better check early.

Look for Jane from the General Office, she is very helpful.

agentcodybank
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunnybear » Sun May 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Dear agentcodybank

Really appreciate your reply and advise.
Yes i will find out more from Jane.
Thanks a zillion.

agentcodybank wrote:In my son's time, they streamed them end of P1, so you must try to get your daughter into the first two classes in P2 and onwards.

In most schools, it is the same. Try to get your child into the first few classes, the environment is more conducive. However, in Loyang, I was quite surprise to hear from my son that some pupils from 6.5 also did quite well.

If you are concerned about vacancy for your child to transfer in, I think the school facilities should be able to accomodate one more pupil as it is a single session sch. But better check with the school admin as I no longer linger there, so may not know the situation now. Anyway, they do have foreign students seeking admission, so better check early.

Look for Jane from the General Office, she is very helpful.

sunnybear
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Loyang Primary

Postby agentcodybank » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Yesh! DS2 registered for LPS successfully.

It's been a one big round journey. As usual, I brought my son around to look-see and let him decide which school he wants to go to. Children usually have very good six-sense. My DS2 shortlisted Whitesands and Loyang. He refused to consider any other schools.

Very difficult decision for me as I feel equally good about the 2 schools. Furthermore, DS1, an alumni, had a very good experience in LPS. Also, LPS being in the morning session allows me to hothouse my son in the afternoon :))) However, I chose Whitesands because my parents need not cross major road junctions when bringing him to school. If they are too tired, there's also a 2-stops bus that need not cross any major road. Further, it's only a one-bus journey to and fro my house. DS2 stays in 2 places.

Both DS2 and myself felt torn btw WPS and LPS, and secretly I leave it to fate. And fate is good. WS got balloting, and I can switch to LPS ...yeah!

agentcodybank
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby BigDevil » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 pm

:congrats:

But you could have registered him under phase 2A2 and get an assured place, before considering gambling with balloting.

Anyway, good to hear that it worked out.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby agentcodybank » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Thank you! Thank you! :)

Can't find DS1's PSLE cert and Report Book (just knew it was with him) Initially, the consideration is my parents' convenience in bringing DS2 to and fro school ...

Loyang is a hidden gem. I am quite pleased with how things turn out.

agentcodybank
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups