Meridien Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Meridien Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Meridien Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mambobodaz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:46 am

My child be in Meridian next year!!

mambobodaz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby omron » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:42 pm

My Child is going there too

omron
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dearest » Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Hi,

any comments about this school? i am thinking of enrolling my girl to this school next year

dearest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby omron » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Meridian has a very good P1 and 2 programme. They are one of the 16 schools that will be piloting the holistic assessment next year and will do away with P1 exams next year. However, I suspect their P3 and 4 maybe a worry.......

omron
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sglee1970 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 pm

just one feedback since my niece is from that school... the teachers are ethusiastic but some lack drive and the principal lacks leadership...

my niece ('95) went through 5 years of primary school chinese class and her standard was like primary 2.... it was only the last year, she had this primary 6 chinese teacher who provided the ram up and she scored an A for it ...

personally i dont agree with such slack as learning is a process ... the school wasted 5 solid years of good learning grounds... according to her primary 6 chinese teacher, it appeared that the school faces such problem every year.... she had to cover all the grounds her fellow colleagues missed in the past 5 years... my question is what is the principal doing????!!!!!

sglee1970
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby wapobs » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:40 pm

sglee1970 wrote:just one feedback since my niece is from that school... the teachers are ethusiastic but some lack drive and the principal lacks leadership...

my niece ('95) went through 5 years of primary school chinese class and her standard was like primary 2.... it was only the last year, she had this primary 6 chinese teacher who provided the ram up and she scored an A for it ...

personally i dont agree with such slack as learning is a process ... the school wasted 5 solid years of good learning grounds... according to her primary 6 chinese teacher, it appeared that the school faces such problem every year.... she had to cover all the grounds her fellow colleagues missed in the past 5 years... my question is what is the principal doing????!!!!!
sad. that principal has retired.
the new principal is more active. hopefully things improve.

wapobs
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cookiesncream » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 pm

I intend to let me child go to Meridian Pri. Any idea if it's a good school? read one of the earlier threads that the principal lacks leadership. ANyone else to comments? Was torn between Meridian and Pasir Ris Pri however Meridian is so much nearer.

cookiesncream
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

My son's in P3 this year

Postby ChangiGreenDad » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

My child is in P3 this year. So far, we are quite happy with the school. His form teacher (Mdm Sofia) readily answers our emails/calls, and so does the principal. The only complaint is that there are not many choices for CCA, especially for P1-P2. Beacuse his Mandarin is not too good, he was put into a class where the ratio was less than 10 kids per teacher; we are very happy about that!

One request: My son needs to get from Meridian to Upper Changi Road East after school everyday. The school bus took more than 1 hr for the short trip during the trial run a few days ago. The public buses will take just as long as he would need to changes busese.

Anyone's kid would like to share a cab with him? It costs about $6 to Changi Green where I live (next to SQ training centre, before the EXPO). Otherwise, any parents drive their own kids who'd be passing that way? I'll be glad to contribute to petrol. Message me here please or to iban71 at gmail dot com
Cheers!

cookiesncream wrote:I intend to let me child go to Meridian Pri. Any idea if it's a good school? read one of the earlier threads that the principal lacks leadership. ANyone else to comments? Was torn between Meridian and Pasir Ris Pri however Meridian is so much nearer.

ChangiGreenDad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ChangiGreenDad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Last night, my son had to do an online survey. Unknown to us (I was helping), there must have been more than 150+ questions and had to be done in one-sitting because there was no 'save' function. Can the designer of the survey really justify the length of this survey??

ChangiGreenDad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups