Park View Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Park View Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Park View Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Park Vew & Elias Park

Postby winniel_tlh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:24 pm

[Moderator's note: Topics split and merged.]

Hi everyone!

I just bought a flat between Elias Park & Park View, & we'd set our eyes on Elias Park, since it's a tad nearer to our block.

However, when registering under Phase 2C, I was disappointed to find out that they don't accept "options to purchase" letter, & insisted on 2nd apmt letter by HDB, which we don't have yet.

Besides, the school was alrd filling up fast...so, we decided to go for Park View. It's also a plus point to know that Park View is going single session nx year :D

I've heard so much about Pasir Ris, White Sands & Elias Park. Does anyone have any say on Park View? Kids there? General impression of the school etc?

We'll be moving to Pasir Ris around Oct-Nov period this year ;)

Thanks so much!

winniel_tlh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Park View Pri

Postby kitty_mum » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:52 am

Hi,
I'm new here and had just saw your forum. My gal is also in Park View Pri 1 this year. We had actually wanted to enrol her into Elias Park cos is nearer to our block, but she did not got in during the balloting exercise last year.

Anyway she is enjoying herself in Park View and manage her school work well.

Do keep in touch!

kitty_mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby winniel_tlh » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:47 pm

hi there!

My son is in P1E, how abt your daughter?

Which block do you live in? We're at Blk 612, Elias Rd :)

Not too long ago, I was still contemplating moving him to Elias Park if there's vacancy. But, they'll be in aftn session still for P2, which will generally disrupt my daily schedule quite a fair bit, since I have another younger daughter who's in morning session kindergarten.

My son's adapting well, & doing well in school too. But sometimes I just wonder if that little bit extra in reputation is worth the effort to transfer him, hehe...

Best regards,
Winniel

winniel_tlh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kitty_mum » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:28 am

Hi nice to hear from you,

My daughter is in P1A and we are staying at Blk 509 (which is just behind Elias Park Pri).

EPPS will be in single session next year, I called up the school and they told me that there won't be any vacancy for P2 cos P1 will just "promote" to P2 as a batch unless someone drop off from the school.

I asked my daughter whether she wanted to transfer school and she answered me NO WAY.

kitty_mum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby winniel_tlh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:18 am

hi again!

Oh really? Wow, she must really be enjoying school so much! And yes, staying at 509, EPPS will definitely be really convenient! hehe...

When we were looking to buy a flat last year, we looked at 511 but somehow we ended up buying at 612 ;)

I've asked my son too, & in the past he said no. But lately he said yes, hehe... I guess kids are so fickle!

I didnt know EPPS are going single session, if that's the case, then it wont make a difference to my schedule ^^

I called them few months back, & they simply said to try registering at the end of the school year.

Well, :)

winniel_tlh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby josephine_ng » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 am

Ahah ~ I used to be from PVPS many many years ago. I was in EPPS only in Pri 1 because PVPS (just beside my block at 634) was still under construction. So I was in the first batch there!

I must say PVPS has a very good standard and teachers. I remember that the teachers would teach me how to do marking, "look after" me at the staff room, allow me to teach weaker students and etc because my mum will only pick me up after work.

josephine_ng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby winniel_tlh » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

hi Josephine,

wow, nice to hear from an ex-student! Since the school is not that old, I assume you must be quite young still?

hehe...

May I ask, how old is PVPS?

And, why didnt you continue on at EPPS?

So, are you still a student now, or working alrd?

:)

winniel_tlh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mummyprincess » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 am

Hi all,

My DD is in P4 tis year. I must say that the teachers who taught my DD over the years are mostly responsible and approachable. Even b4 the SA2 exams, my DD had been bringing back a no. of past top schools' exam papers for practising. I must say that the teacher really made an effort in helping the students. :D

Mummyprincess
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby winniel_tlh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:50 pm

oh thats good to know :)

I'm a bit concerned, cus I often hear my son says that his teacher is absent, & an assistant teacher took over. And, during those days, they'll be doing nothing (acdg to him).

At the same time, I dont wish to "up-root" him unnecessarily.. though EPPS was my initial 1st choice, cus of the (seemingly) better reputation, & also it's nearer to where we live.

winniel_tlh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups