Edgefield Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Edgefield Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:35 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Edgefield Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Veiled » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi :D ... my eldest in P1 in Efps. Anyone else having their children in EFPS?

Veiled
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby minniemom » Tue May 04, 2010 3:10 pm

hi me a newbie

my dd is not in this sch yet but since this is the nearest sch to our home, we will enrol her for yr 2011.

hope i can have some feedback regards to this sch, the teachers n curicculums?

TIA

minniemom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zolajelim2 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi all,

my first post in the forum. :D

Have also decided to put my daughter in edgefield pri next year under phase 2C, dunno what are the chances (Panic meter slowly rising).

zolajelim2
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby qms » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

zolajelim2 wrote:Have also decided to put my daughter in edgefield pri next year under phase 2C, dunno what are the chances (Panic meter slowly rising).

Hi!

You may like to refer to the balloting history of the school here.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby tanwxs » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi,

I've the intention to enrol my son for P1 next year.
May I know is there a ranking system for P1? Such as they need to go through an entry test and segregate them according to the grade they get?

Any mummies can share alittle bit more the advantages and disadvantages in this school?

tanwxs
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Registering for Edgefield

Postby ALim » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Will be registering my girl in Edgefield Pri. Before that, was considering between Mee Toh & Edgefield. Although a lot of pple hv been saying Mee Toh is gd, I hvnt seen anything outstanding abt the school frankly (sorry, dun mean to offend anyone...). So I decided based on the following:
(a) School session & school care svc - Edgefield is morning session, Mee Toh afternoon session for P1 & P2. I feel it is better for my girl bcos both hubby & I are working, so will hv to send her to school care service. If she were to be in Mee Toh, that means she hv to wake up very early, abt 6.45am so that we can send her to the school care centre. She probably will feel very tired during her lessons. Moreover, the Edgefield has after school care in the school premise. That means we can save on school bus fees.
(b) CCA - Edgefield offers a wider range of interesting CCA compared to Mee Toh.

ALim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Registering for Edgefield

Postby dokomo » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:08 pm

ALim wrote:Will be registering my girl in Edgefield Pri. Before that, was considering between Mee Toh & Edgefield. Although a lot of pple hv been saying Mee Toh is gd, I hvnt seen anything outstanding abt the school frankly (sorry, dun mean to offend anyone...). So I decided based on the following:
(a) School session & school care svc - Edgefield is morning session, Mee Toh afternoon session for P1 & P2. I feel it is better for my girl bcos both hubby & I are working, so will hv to send her to school care service. If she were to be in Mee Toh, that means she hv to wake up very early, abt 6.45am so that we can send her to the school care centre. She probably will feel very tired during her lessons. Moreover, the Edgefield has after school care in the school premise. That means we can save on school bus fees.
(b) CCA - Edgefield offers a wider range of interesting CCA compared to Mee Toh.

Good to hear tt. Although my dd is years away fr p1, good to hear abt this as I stay very near the school. Like tt it has after school care too as we are FTWP. Good luck to all parents going thru balloting!

dokomo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Edgefield Primary

Postby joylly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Hie

My boy is in Edgefield Primary P1 his year.

Id u're living within 1 km or even 2 or 3 km of the school, there's no balloting required. All applicants go in. This is so for the last few years.WOuldnt know for the next few yrs tho'

However, if u've noticed the Parents Support Group of this school is ..... bad ! Dont dream of having an active support group in school or discussion over the forum. The school however do occasionally organise seminars and talks for parents on how to help their kids in their academics studies.

The only good thing of this school :

1. after school care in the school - but yr kid gotta eat at the canteen everyday.
2. Have a wide range of ECA and other form of enrichment activities.
3. QUite active in sports.
4. For P1 and above, they provide different aspects of music education to the students.

SOmehow the list of what are good are listed here. However, somehow, I dont feel any soul to this school. Dont ask me why.

joylly
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sheron » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi

thanks for your feedback on efps. How about the teachers? Are they good and thoughtful to the students? To me, the teachers are the most impt. Whether they kids are motivated or not depends on how well they like and "look up" to the teachers.

I have a DS going to Pri 1 in 2 years' time and now in dilemma whether to choose mts or efps.

Thks!

sheron
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups