Fairfield Methodist Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
mango
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mango » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm

thanks for the info.

cookiecreature
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: After school care at Aldersgate

Post by cookiecreature » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 pm

PL wrote:
twinklemint wrote:Hi can I have some feedback on the after school care provided by Aldersgate ?
My son is in pri one this year and he is attending the after school care at Aldersgate. I find that my son has become more independent and self discipline.
But be prepared that your kid will pick up a few bad habits like bad speeches, all this must be corrected reinforced by the parent.
Nevertheless it is a good place for them to learn to have more EQ too.
Overall, it is a good and safe place to leave our kids for after schoolcare, what's more my son enjoy the weekly powertime on friday (worship and bible time in the church).
Thank you so much for your wise advise. I am rest assured after reading your message. My Girl will be attending P1 next year and will be under the care of Aldersgate.

PL
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by PL » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm

cookiecreature wrote:
PL wrote:
twinklemint wrote:Hi can I have some feedback on the after school care provided by Aldersgate ?
My son is in pri one this year and he is attending the after school care at Aldersgate. I find that my son has become more independent and self discipline.
But be prepared that your kid will pick up a few bad habits like bad speeches, all this must be corrected reinforced by the parent.
Nevertheless it is a good place for them to learn to have more EQ too.
Overall, it is a good and safe place to leave our kids for after schoolcare, what's more my son enjoy the weekly powertime on friday (worship and bible time in the church).
Thank you so much for your wise advise. I am rest assured after reading your message. My Girl will be attending P1 next year and will be under the care of Aldersgate.
Dear Cookie creature,
Glad to hear that you are encouraged from my reply. In fact, on reflection, I was just like you a year ago, wondering did I make the right move to send my son there.
However, after attending his Thanksgiving last Friday, I realise it has been a wise choice though. He has make lots of friends that that is outside his Fairfield class. Some friends are really not that easy-going with him in the beginning of the year, but now I witness on last friday they were good buddies. These friends during the beginning of the year can challenge and disturb him, however through the days, weeks and months together, my son learns how to intergrate with them and discern the rights and wrongs from them. Therefore, I will say he picks up great social skills here that a normal academic class is not able to provide.
As the new school year is going to start, a piece of advice from me, as parent learn to listen and chat with them more about their days spent in Aldersgate than in Fairfield, you will find more interesting and life skills to hear from them. My son told me he shares his tube of orea cookies he brought from home to Aldersgate with that friend he dislikes in the beginning of the year. I was delighted to understand that my son knows what is the meaning of forgiveness. :lol:

sensugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

P2(J)

Post by sensugan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:01 am

Hi,
Anybody here from P2 (J)?.Pls share.Thanks

cookiecreature
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cookiecreature » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 pm

quote :Dear Cookie creature,
Glad to hear that you are encouraged from my reply. In fact, on reflection, I was just like you a year ago, wondering did I make the right move to send my son there.
However, after attending his Thanksgiving last Friday, I realise it has been a wise choice though. He has make lots of friends that that is outside his Fairfield class. Some friends are really not that easy-going with him in the beginning of the year, but now I witness on last friday they were good buddies. These friends during the beginning of the year can challenge and disturb him, however through the days, weeks and months together, my son learns how to intergrate with them and discern the rights and wrongs from them. Therefore, I will say he picks up great social skills here that a normal academic class is not able to provide.
As the new school year is going to start, a piece of advice from me, as parent learn to listen and chat with them more about their days spent in Aldersgate than in Fairfield, you will find more interesting and life skills to hear from them. My son told me he shares his tube of orea cookies he brought from home to Aldersgate with that friend he dislikes in the beginning of the year. I was delighted to understand that my son knows what is the meaning of forgiveness. :lol:[/quote]

Hi PL,
I was in Fairfield for P1 for the 1st 3 days.... I am amazed how my daughter put up a brave front although I know that she is scared. I weeped instead (ha ha ha). She told me that in the classroom she is seated with another gal who 'shouted' at her and she said that "this mean gal is also my partner in aldergates". I prayed with her and told her that if she cannot handle, speak to her form teacher but I think she dare not. I will ask her tonight if the 'shouting' has ceased as today in Aldergates, there will be power time and I think they will touchbase on appropriate behavour and hope this work... (am thinking if not getting better, I may have to address this to her form teacher and Aldergate teacher).
Having said above I am v glad that you told me that your son overcome the challenges which I want my daughter to do the same (she looks so frail and so weak and I know that I cannot be too protective).

PL
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by PL » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:52 am

Hi PL,
I was in Fairfield for P1 for the 1st 3 days.... I am amazed how my daughter put up a brave front although I know that she is scared. I weeped instead (ha ha ha). She told me that in the classroom she is seated with another gal who 'shouted' at her and she said that "this mean gal is also my partner in aldergates". I prayed with her and told her that if she cannot handle, speak to her form teacher but I think she dare not. I will ask her tonight if the 'shouting' has ceased as today in Aldergates, there will be power time and I think they will touchbase on appropriate behavour and hope this work... (am thinking if not getting better, I may have to address this to her form teacher and Aldergate teacher).
Having said above I am v glad that you told me that your son overcome the challenges which I want my daughter to do the same (she looks so frail and so weak and I know that I cannot be too protective).[/quote]

Dear Cookie Creature,
It is really another new phase of life for both the child and parent, the moment they upgrade from Kingergarten to P1. I too have weeped last year this time, when I saw my son during the 1st 3 days of the P1. It was really messy and chaotic, especially at APC.
In the beginning, my son also had that problem of voicing his unhappiness/ grievances to the teachers. At times, I asked him whether he needed me to talk to the teacher personally or should I write down in his Comm book to the teachers. He told me "No" and I knew in my heart, he was very egoistic and want to deal the problem himself.
I gave him sometime to settle down and a week later, I asked him again. It seems that he was able to overcome that and was happily settling and adjusted to his daily routine.
I guessed we ourselves have to give ourselves as parents to adjust to the whole new world of change. Our kids are no longer babies, give them a chance to be independent and see how they handle their problems. We can't be always speak for them.
Moreover, school environment really prepare them to face the reality in this world, don't we also face such similar incidents in life, rowdy neighbours/ colleagues...
No worries, it is a growing stage for them and for us too! :celebrate:

chupachup77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chupachup77 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi All,

My child is also in Fairfield P1 this year. Nice to meet all of you here.

Btw, i just got the spelling list for my child and i find that the standard of english is very high. The words are beyond P1 level. Is this the norm?

blackcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by blackcat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

Teo family wrote: Hi,

1) Both my kids have the same form teacher from P1 when they were in P2
2) Yes, in fact, my dd joined the chinese dance since P1.

HTH
Hi,
How did you manage to join the CCA at P1? My daughter is in P2 this year, and she has been wanting to join CCA since P1 but was told she cannot do so.

tks!

blackcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by blackcat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

HTH
Hi,
How did you manage to join the CCA at P1? My daughter is in P2 this year, and she has been wanting to join CCA since P1 but was told she cannot do so.

tks!

Teo family
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Teo family » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

blackcat wrote:

HTH
Hi,

tks!
There are only several CCAs that are open to P1 and 2, most of them are mainly in the aesthetics group - chinese dance, choir and band. There are auditions that are open around this period and your child can approach any of these if it interests him/her.