New Town Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

New Town Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:36 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for New Town Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby winth » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi Parents,

My boy is entering New Town Primary next year!
Hope to hear from parents from this school.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:34 pm

winth wrote:Hi Parents,

My boy is entering New Town Primary next year!
Hope to hear from parents from this school.


Hey winth, I thought you moving house soon? Are you moving nearer to NTPS?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby mmpiglet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 am

Hi winth,

My twin boys will be in P1 too at NTPS.

Received call from the school the other day asking whether I want the boys to be in the same class or to separate them. Decided to put them together lah. If one blur in class and din listen to teacher, at least got another back up.

mmpiglet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:26 am

mmpiglet wrote: If one blur in class and din listen to teacher, at least got another back up.

erm...what if the teacher blur in class?
i thought typically, really kiasu parents will split their twins up so that they can compare notes on how different class' teachers progress in their teaching.
i thought in same class, their social circle may be even more limited...but i suppose their bonding will deepen, but that is unless the teacher don't favour one over the other.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20



Postby winth » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:Hey winth, I thought you moving house soon? Are you moving nearer to NTPS?


Hi Chief,

Yap, moving house soon but it's still in the central region. Think my life is already rooted here.
Didn't thought that our not getting into RVPS was actually a good thing. If it had been RVPS, think I'll have logistics headache next year.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby winth » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:54 am

mmpiglet wrote:Hi winth,

My twin boys will be in P1 too at NTPS.

Received call from the school the other day asking whether I want the boys to be in the same class or to separate them. Decided to put them together lah. If one blur in class and din listen to teacher, at least got another back up.


Hi mmpiglet, nice to know fellow NTPS parents here! I'll look out for twins! Don't be surprised if someone pats you real hard on the shoulders and shout 'MMPIGLET'! :D

jedamum wrote:erm...what if the teacher blur in class?
i thought typically, really kiasu parents will split their twins up so that they can compare notes on how different class' teachers progress in their teaching.
i thought in same class, their social circle may be even more limited...but i suppose their bonding will deepen, but that is unless the teacher don't favour one over the other.


Actually I think depends on the child's character, if more introvert types, I might wanna put them in the same class as support for each other. Plus twins usually quite stand out if they really look identical.

If those with strong character type, would wanna split them up so that they won't get compared to by the teachers so easily.

Kinda regret putting my K2 and Toddler boy together in the same school as they are often compared to, no matter how hard I try cos the same teachers teach them and the boys have very strong characters - just very different ways of displaying their temperaments.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:51 am

winth wrote:Kinda regret putting my K2 and Toddler boy together in the same school as they are often compared to.

that was why because of the contrast in abilities and temperament i am still toying with the thoughts of not letting ds2 enroll into ds1's school when the time comes.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby mmpiglet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:35 pm

winth,

My boys are not identical.

I thought of putting them in same class as a support for each other for the 1st year in school. After P1 or later, if the teacher wants to separate them, then its fine by me.

mmpiglet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby winth » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 pm

jedamum wrote:that was why because of the contrast in abilities and temperament i am still toying with the thoughts of not letting ds2 enroll into ds1's school when the time comes.


That was exactly on our minds too!
Actually it's part of our plan to make each of them independent, plus reduce sibling rivalry by giving them space to breathe and grow.

If it's always, 'watch out for your didi' and 'listen to kor kor', then they will really be moulded this way. One's a leader, the other's a follower.

That would be ideal, but of cos, we never know when the time comes.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups