Queenstown Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Queenstown Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Queenstown Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Incumbent for 2010

Postby Bakugan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 am

Hi there :
I'm new to the forum(mainly in registration posting so far) and new to QPS... :D
Any parent with kids in QPS to share experiences, schoolwork, principal/teachers or even student information??
And any new parent in QPS like me?
Hope this section will warm up :love:
Thanks.

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Incumbent for 2010

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 am

Bakugan wrote:Hi there :
I'm new to the forum(mainly in registration posting so far) and new to QPS... :D
Any parent with kids in QPS to share experiences, schoolwork, principal/teachers or even student information??
And any new parent in QPS like me?
Hope this section will warm up :love:
Thanks.


Welcome, Bakugan... it will warm up... all in good time :)

PS. I like your avatar.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby Bakugan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:19 pm

hehe thanks Cheif KS...
The avator communicates to me the message of "first trust to receive comfort" :wink:

Btw any parents out there having problems with QPS bus transporter before???? :|

Heard from a student care centre I/C that they have had run-ins with QPS drivers who gave parents "hell" by refusing to send/fetch kids that are "out of their routes".
She said that the driver was ready to leave the P1 kid at the side of the road for the childcare teachers to come fetch them cz the carpark was too "troublesome" to turn in :!:
How can the school transport be so irresponsible?!
11-13 buses from QPS and none willing to compromise?!

This story kind of "freaked" me out a little, since I'm all the way at Bkt Purmei :!:

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


P1 textbooks

Postby Bakugan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi parents :

Hasanyone browsed through the approved syllabus and booklist by the Ministry at the following link ?? http://nsinte1.moe.edu.sg/project/db/atl/db_puatl.nsf

Cz no matter how I search and click, i dnt seem to get the titles for "English"... Was I crossed eye or what?? :?

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby glchua » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello Everyone here!

I'm new to this forum. Just found this thread.

I have 2 kids in QPS, P2 and P3.

glchua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: P1 textbooks

Postby glchua » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Bakugan wrote:Hi parents :

Hasanyone browsed through the approved syllabus and booklist by the Ministry at the following link ?? http://nsinte1.moe.edu.sg/project/db/atl/db_puatl.nsf

Cz no matter how I search and click, i dnt seem to get the titles for "English"... Was I crossed eye or what?? :?


I'm not 100% certain but I think there may not be "textbooks" for English anymore, just worksheets provided by the school.

glchua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mjl » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi all,

My girl is in QtPS P4. My 2 older kids were also from QtPS but they are now in secondary schools.

Some of the exemplary teachers in QtPS include Mrs Shahrin, Mr Albert Ng, Ms Chai, Ms Lim Lay See and Ms Geraldine Lim.

Mrs Chua is going to be the new principal .. anyone knows anything about her?

mjl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby glchua » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:15 pm

mjl wrote:Hi all,

My girl is in QtPS P4. My 2 older kids were also from QtPS but they are now in secondary schools.

Some of the exemplary teachers in QtPS include Mrs Shahrin, Mr Albert Ng, Ms Chai, Ms Lim Lay See and Ms Geraldine Lim.

Mrs Chua is going to be the new principal .. anyone knows anything about her?


We're going to have a new P in QTPS? I really liked the current one.

My son's P1 teacher Mrs Pang is also very good. Very caring and understanding.

glchua
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:57 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Bakugan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi glchua and mjl,

I'm so happy that after all the this time, there are finally parents who respond to this thread :celebrate: Pleased to meet you.

My boy will be in P1 next year so looking forward to learning more about the school through you :)

Thank you...

Bakugan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups