Endeavour Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Endeavour Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Endeavour Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby radiantmum » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Hello all,

My kid will be joining the 2010 Primary 1 intake.

Endeavour is my 2nd choice attempt <SHY> but personally I am pretty comfortable with this choice so far. It offers single morning session, has higher chinese, within walking distance (no traffic crossings) to my house - - perfect combination for me now ! Hopefully it's not my Ah Q spirit working. :oops: Well, the take up rate in 2010 jumped from half empty/full last year to balloting required > 2km this year (& there are several primary schools nearby) - if anything else, word of mouth for this school must be pretty good so far.

We were in the school for the registration. Compound is clean and serene. Visited the school's websit - pretty rigid presentation but love the teachers' respective blogs with pictures and the personal touches. I, for one, will be eagerly looking forward to my child's class and updates and hopefully a peek of him in the picture blogs :lol:

See you folks on coming Nov 28 orientation! I will write about what I expect on the orientation day in my next post (I am sure Endeavour staffs will read KP web right?)

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:05 pm

radiantmum wrote:... Hopefully it's not my Ah Q spirit working. :oops: Well, the take up rate in 2010 jumped from half empty/full last year to balloting required > 2km this year (& there are several primary schools nearby) - if anything else, word of mouth for this school must be pretty good so far. ...

And there's nothing wrong with Ah Q spirit. It's the way people cope in the face of adversity. There is always a silver lining to every bad situation that we are in and those who can take the trouble to find and capitalize on this silver lining are those that will find true happiness!

That said... Endeavour is by no means a bad school at all! As you have already expressed, it is forward looking and raring to prove itself. Your child has now the privilege to be amongst its pioneers to do great things!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby radiantmum » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Here's my expectations for coming P1 orientation.

For the parents :
(i) Show day in the life of P1 students & tour (intd class form teacher)
(ii) Logistics info eg school hours, drop-off/pick-up, P1 purchases, what to bring/pack for day 1, recommended pocket money,parents visiting for 1st few days of P1 etc
(iii) School brief programmes and focus, assessments and calendar
(v) Parents-teachers liaison/engagement model/kids progress - what to expect

For the P1 student/s-to-be : Induction, Introduction and Instill enthusiasm of coming P1 life !

:celebrate:

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby radiantmum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Check this out - RGS has 250 replies and >14k views & I am here "talking" to myself only in this thread? Perhaps this is a SIGN that Endeavour parents are less kiasu? <HURRAYS>

One more try - can any one tell me if Endeavour has after school care programme or any nearby good BASC to recommend?

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 pm

radiantmum wrote:Check this out - RGS has 250 replies and >14k views & I am here "talking" to myself only in this thread? Perhaps this is a SIGN that Endeavour parents are less kiasu? <HURRAYS>

One more try - can any one tell me if Endeavour has after school care programme or any nearby good BASC to recommend?

Kekkkekke... poor radiantmum... sigh... it just means that Endeavour parents are more shy about identifying themselves with the school. Which is sad, because all it takes is some parents talking proudly about a school here to bring up the profile of the school by several folds. Nothing like a real life account of the school to get people intrigued.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby daisyt » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm

hi radiantmum, I like your attitude ! :D
And visiting website, check statistic, take note of little details here and there ... :D :celebrate:

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jaslin_yap » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 am

oh, any other comments or advice to share? I'm enrolling my son for P1 in 2011 intake. My choice will be Canberra and Endeavour.

jaslin_yap
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby chew_ng » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi ! I'm also enrolling my son next yr (2010) in Endevour Pri....looking forward to the orientation on 28th Nov.....

Hope we can exchange some ideas and info here in future.

Cheers,
Shirley

chew_ng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby radiantmum » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:59 am

Shirley, welcome - FINALLY I got someone ! Looking forward to the exchanges too :D

Jaslin, sorry looks like both Shirley and I can't help as our kids have yet to start school. For me, the push for Endeavour is higher Chinese.

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups