Wellington Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Wellington Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Wellington Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby 146946 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi there, any parent attended the P1 orientation at Wellington Primary last Saturday, 7 Nov?
My girl going to P1 next year and was there for entry assessment. Personally, I like Principal, Elsie Lim's presentation and the message that we should provide a holistic education for our children as we do not know what kind of world they will graduate into in the future. Time and technology is changing ever so fast! How very true. It reminds me of my Mum-in-law's grumbling the other day. She was telling me my husband's engineering course in US was the most expensive course compared to her other children's tertiary education, yet he is the one having trouble getting a job now!!! And my colleague was advising his son who's going to U next year that he can choose any course except Engineering :) Well, as presented by the Principal, we must prepare the children for jobs which do not yet exist NOW.

Besides, I'm glad the school has entry assessment for the 2010 P1 pupils. By segregating them according to their capability will definitely help the teachers to teach and manage the class better. A friend, who was a retired primary school teacher, still remember her nightmarish experience managing a P1 class of 'rojak' pupils. There are those who already learnt to read and count in kindergarten and there are those who do not even know how to write their own names. She said it was really hell trying to manage and teach at the same time!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to my girl starting her P1 at Wellington. I think she will enjoy going to school, and for me, that's all that matter in P1.

YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:44 am

Wellington will be getting a new principal. I hope that this new principal wil push up the standards of the school. I am also very glad to see a change for once.

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Gluttonish » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Any 2011 P1 parents here? Didn't know they are going to have a new principal!

Gluttonish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Gluttonish wrote:Any 2011 P1 parents here? Didn't know they are going to have a new principal!

Hi there. My boy is going to P3 next year. What!! You mean you did not know?? It has been circulating for months that Elsie is retiring!! Did you go to the P1 orientation? The new P gave a speech on that day.

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Gluttonish » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:14 pm

AuntieKiasi wrote:
Gluttonish wrote:Any 2011 P1 parents here? Didn't know they are going to have a new principal!

Hi there. My boy is going to P3 next year. What!! You mean you did not know?? It has been circulating for months that Elsie is retiring!! Did you go to the P1 orientation? The new P gave a speech on that day.

I only got to know recently! Heard the new P's speech during orientation, and I must say I've faith in him! Can tell the vast difference between him and Elsie, so am glad there's change.

How does your boy feel about his school? Are the teachers good and caring?

Gluttonish
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BroBear » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Seems like the new P Mr Tsu will make a different to the school. My son going to P1 next year.

I'm looking for 2nd hand P1 text books and was hoping anyone could help or advise where to look?

Many thanks.

BroBear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby AuntieKiasi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:39 pm

Gluttonish wrote:
AuntieKiasi wrote:

I only got to know recently! Heard the new P's speech during orientation, and I must say I've faith in him! Can tell the vast difference between him and Elsie, so am glad there's change.

How does your boy feel about his school? Are the teachers good and caring?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was in Malaysia for a couple of days. As for your question..most of the teachers my son had were nice, responsible & caring. Parents can communicate with the teachers. You can SMS, e-mail or meet them personally. Most of them gives the impression of being helpful. They try their best to help the children. Like for example, my son's lead teacher this year noticed that he doesn't have friends (cos he likes to read science books) & the other children in his group doesn't like it. So, she switched him to another group of children who like to read. And, he ends up happy because he found children like him who likes to read!!!

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 pm

BroBear wrote:Seems like the new P Mr Tsu will make a different to the school. My son going to P1 next year.

I'm looking for 2nd hand P1 text books and was hoping anyone could help or advise where to look?

Many thanks.

Sorry, BroBear....have no idea where to get that. Perhaps you can check around those parents with 2010 P1 kids.

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby AuntieKiasi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi, to parents of wellington. I heard that the highest PSLE score for Wellington is 270. This info was from the bookshop auntie. Bravo Wellington!

AuntieKiasi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups