Anchor Green Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Anchor Green Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Anchor Green Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby JSC » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 am

Hi,

My son will be in P1 in Anchor Green next year.

I intend to place my son in student care but the school has not yet finalised the student care centre within school premises.

Hope to hear some feedback from parents who has child studying in this school.

Tks,
JSC

JSC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby NASCANS » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Dear Parents,

The Student care centre in AGPS will commence operations on 4 Jan 2010.

You can call the school to register.

Thanks!

NASCANS
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JSC » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi NASCANS,

Tks for the info ! So glad to hear that. I have been calling and checking with the school umpteen times. Just called the school but the registeration form is not available yet.

Are you a staff of the school ?

:celebrate:
JSC

JSC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby leechk » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Today I went to AGPS to collect the student care register form for my child (P1, 2010). The Teacher mention this student care only operate until 6.30pm daily. I found this is my main concern because I work until 6.15pm difficult for me to fetch my child so early. Most of the student care in the market operate until 7pm. Anyone know the reason?

leechk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby JSC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 am

I heard that it is because the security guards would be working beyond the max hours if the student care is to operate beyond 6.30pm.

Yes, operating only till 6.30pm is a problem for most parents.

Rgds,
JSC

JSC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sweetpea » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:16 pm

hi,
any feedback regarding this school? i know there was balloting last year (phase 2c), so will appreciate any comments, pls. tia!

sweetpea
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

P1 Registration in 2010

Postby Shaken » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

HI .. i am a newbie here.. thinking of sending my daughter to AGPS next year? May i know how is the school environment? Is the school academically driven? Thanx :wink:

Shaken
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Any feedback on Anchor Green Pri?

Postby wobblejelly » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi, any parents of existing students in AGPS? Planning to register my child in the school and hope to hear some feedback.

TIA!

wobblejelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Anchor Green Pri

Postby wobblejelly » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:46 pm

Ok, this is my update about AGPS after my visit to them (as no feedback was received on my earlier post).

My anecdotal observations are as follows:-
- The P is an approachable person who appears genuinely concerned about student's welfare and character development. (She was formally from White Sands and Pasir Ris Pri.)

- Fun, lively and nurturing environment. For lower Pri, they have CCP (which allows students to do fun things like baking, skating, softball etc. The school also advocates environmental consciousness.
Outside each upper Pri class are plants and the students are supposed to care for them. This helps to inculcate a sense of responsibility towards their environment. CCAs are similar to other schools.
-Core values center around building character, confidence and inculcating responsibility and sense of respect.

- Resident student counsellor to provide counselling support to students.
-Parents support groups (with dedicated room for parents) to network and interact and volunteer activities.
-Feedback on child's progress will be via a comms book.
-No exam in Pri 1 though they will be a 'mock' test at the last term. Assignments are given each term to review progress on the students. "Formal" assessment starts in Pri 2.
-Form teachers are assigned to each class for at least 2 years.
- First batch of PSLE students only next year so no 'measurable' results at this point. However, the P is confident of overall passing rates will be commparable to national averages.
-The P did not really talk much or emphasize about academic as she believes in providing good support through appropriate teaching methods to build and nurture good foundation which will lead to good performance.

- At the classrooms, students appeared attentive and well mannered and greets the VP with a smile. This is consistent throughout the classes and teachers. (Even the security guard was very polite.)

-Form teachers are assigned to each class for at least 2 years to provide consistent guidance.

-Complete facilities - library, science lab, computer lab, sports hall and field, art and craft, music room etc.

Overall, I must say I was rather impressed by this relatively new school.

wobblejelly
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups