Compassvale Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Compassvale Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Compassvale Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby eileen_ng11 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:20 pm

anyone know when is the Orientation date.... :?

eileen_ng11
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby eileen_ng11 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 pm

the Orientation date is 20nov 3pm

eileen_ng11
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 pm

eileen_ng11 wrote:the Orientation date is 20nov 3pm

Thanks eileen_ng11! Glad you managed to get into Compassvale. It's strange that the orientation is held so late in the afternoon... where got time to go buy books and uniforms?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby eileen_ng11 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 pm

thanks chief...ya i so happy when call my girl name that day ...no worry now thank

eileen_ng11
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

primary school

Postby rainbows » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 pm

hi mummies

i am intending to move to seng kang within this year and my gal has to register primary 1 next year.

may i know what attracted your to compassvale pri?

appreciate your inputs, comments, opinions.

thanks.

rainbows
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby JSC » Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi,

I missed balloting for Compassvale Pri school last year for 2010 P1 due to fear of being balloted out and left with no many choices of other school in Sengkang.

I left my son's name on Compassvale Pri's waiting list and today got their call which offer to get my son transferred in their school.

Can i have some feedback from parents whose kids are attending this school ?

My son is in another young neighbourhood school in Sengkang and he is happy there, but i find his form teacher quite slack and from Jan till now already absent from schools for 5-6 days. Never email to us and never train the kids to write down homework list in their diary, saying that they take long time to do so. The school is also very dead in the afternoon with only single session. Compassvale Pri is having P1,3 & 5 in the pm right ? So, are 2 classes sharing one classroom? In this case, do the kids have locker to keep their books not required to bring home ? How are the teachers there ? Who is the current principle and vice principal, where were they from and are they good and on ? etc etc etc...

I need to reply to the school my decision this Fri so need some parents' kind help in giving me some comments on the school.

Tks v much,
JSC

JSC
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Matahari » Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi JSC,

I am in the same situation as you. (I have also PM u). I was balloted out last year for Compassvale. Then I receive a call from Compassvale yesterday and have to reply to them by this friday.

My son is now studying with a relatively new school in Punggol. In term of academic, I can´t comment as it is a new school. But my son has settled down pretty well and is happy.

To me, academic of school is not my priority but the distance does make a lot of different. Now I am in dilemma whether I should transfer him. Compassvale is so near to my house but worried that he may feel isolated in a new school.

Matahari
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby livewith_vanilla » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Some of you might have read the article on Low Wei Jie who ran all the way.

For those who have not, here's the link:

http://www.todayonline.com/YOG/EDC10081 ... -torch-run

Sorry, I don't know how to do a link.

However, I'm proud of him. He is a really shy boy, but a special one.

I'm proud of him for being a Compassvalite, just like me.

I know him as he is in the same CCA as me. He's a really nice person, who will usually go all the way to do what he wants.

I was so shocked when Mr Chua, our principal, told us about the news. I could not believe that this boy would actually do what he did.

People may beg to differ, but this are just my views.

Also, my principal told us this morning, Wei Jie is going to be a torchbearer, supposingly for tomorrow.

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:47 pm

There was another article about him in The Straits Times today too. Well, done, young man! :celebrate:

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups