Fernvale Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Fernvale Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:42 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Fernvale Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby hopetobebetter » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 am

any feedback on this school?
thanks a million

hopetobebetter
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby littlegals » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Me too want to know more about this school. My area here is more then 2KM away from Nan Chau therefore my only option is to select Fernvale pri.

I heard this school teacher always get MC and they give very little homework. A lot of time no homework at all. I wonder how is the menagement in this school like. This school don't have CA but only 2 major exam per year.

I am worried but no choice...

One mother told me the teachers don't use text book but encorrage them to read story book. I don't understand the system. Can someone pls advice me.

littlegals
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Feedback on Fernvale Primary?

Postby daish » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Any feedback on this school?

daish
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Feedback on Fernvale Primary?

Postby coolkidz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

daish wrote:Hi Any feedback on this school?

Hi,

My boy is in this school.
Fernvale Primary is fairly new, into the 7th year if I'm not wrong.
The new principal (former Bukit Panjang Pri principal) took over last year & I personally felt that the changes she's made has been very positive so far. Few teachers left & in replacement are some very experienced teachers from other schools. Somehow, we felt that the teachers are more "on the ball" now..maybe this principal is more result oriented.
My boy is quite fortunate to have a good form teacher this year... :D
He has his fair share of homework daily, more significantly, I realised that his behaviour has changed & is very motivated to excel in his work now.

All being said, there are praises & there are bound to be complaints too. Have to hear more feedback from other people. Hope to see more input from other parents with children in this school.
I would suggest you call the school or visit the school to find out more if you are keen to put your child here. Let me know if you need any other info.

Cheers! :celebrate:

coolkidz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Open House

Postby daish » Mon May 10, 2010 11:09 am

Fernvale Primary School has an open house on 25 May 2010 (Tuesday) at 2.30pm. Tel 6315 3051.

Please call the school to confirm your attendance.

http://fernvalepri.sg/

daish
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rivest » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi, FVPS is also the only pri sch in our vicinity. Any other comments from parents/students?

rivest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

fernvale primary school

Postby tomandjerry » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:20 am

Hi all,

We were unsuccessful in Nan chiau ballotting. Can anybody give me feedback about fernvale primary school please!

tomandjerry
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Cotton » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Hello all

Any parents from Fernvale Primary? Days ago, I gave my feedbacks to the school as well as to the VP but I guess I wasn't taken seriously. Worst of all, I was told to wait and see! So what should I do now? WAIT till I ran out of patience or should i call the MOE for help? Please advise! Thks.

Cotton
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby littlegals » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Cotton wrote:Hello all

Any parents from Fernvale Primary? Days ago, I gave my feedbacks to the school as well as to the VP but I guess I wasn't taken seriously. Worst of all, I was told to wait and see! So what should I do now? WAIT till I ran out of patience or should i call the MOE for help? Please advise! Thks.

Hi Cotton,

I children are very young to enter Primary school. We stay near the school so most prob they will be entering this school. Could you share with me what happen? If it is very serious I think you have to tell MOE... I'm very anxious about putting my children in the right school.

littlegals
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups