North Vista Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

North Vista Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for North Vista Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

Alternative discussion thread can be found here.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Sexyviper » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Any parents send their kids to NVPS? Would like to find out more about the school. What draws me to the school is their Reggio-Emilia approach, but being a typical kiasu mother, this is also what's stopping me. It's a totally new but interesting concept.

Would appreciate if NVPS parents can share how their kids have benefitted from Reggio-Emilia approach and how their kids are performing academically as well as socially?

Thanks in advance.

Sexyviper
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Question on North Vista Primary

Postby jccmum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Sexyviper wrote:Any parents send their kids to NVPS? Would like to find out more about the school. What draws me to the school is their Reggio-Emilia approach, but being a typical kiasu mother, this is also what's stopping me. It's a totally new but interesting concept.

Would appreciate if NVPS parents can share how their kids have benefitted from Reggio-Emilia approach and how their kids are performing academically as well as socially?

Thanks in advance.

Had just register under phrase 2C.

I am also interested to know on logistics arrangements, eg. How many sets of school uniform/PE attire is require? See that the school shoe is black in color, would like to know if there are any requirement on the shoe or we can let our child wear any shoe as long as it is black in color?

Also anyone know on what are the CCA available?

BTW, anyone can advice when is the orientation?

jccmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Question on North Vista Primary

Postby melloh88 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 am

jccmum wrote:Had just register under phrase 2C.

I am also interested to know on logistics arrangements, eg. How many sets of school uniform/PE attire is require? See that the school shoe is black in color, would like to know if there are any requirement on the shoe or we can let our child wear any shoe as long as it is black in color?

Also anyone know on what are the CCA available?

BTW, anyone can advice when is the orientation?

Me too. Just register my girl under phase 2C. :D

Heard that which CCA your child goes to is decided by the school cos' in their 1st 2 years the teachers will assess the child and see which area she is good at.

Anyone putting your child in their student care?

Thanks.

melloh88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jccmum » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:15 am

melloh88 wrote:
Me too. Just register my girl under phase 2C. :D

Heard that which CCA your child goes to is decided by the school cos' in their 1st 2 years the teachers will assess the child and see which area she is good at.

Anyone putting your child in their student care?

Thanks.

Hi melloh88

I am not considering their student care as I am lucky that I have someone looking after my boy after sch.

Have you found out on their after sch care? Do you need to arrange for sch bus? We might need to arrange for transport for my boy aft sch.

jccmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby melloh88 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:29 am

jccmum wrote:Hi melloh88

I am not considering their student care as I am lucky that I have someone looking after my boy after sch.

Have you found out on their after sch care? Do you need to arrange for sch bus? We might need to arrange for transport for my boy aft sch.

Hi jccmum,

Yeap. Actually I had reserved a place for my girl even before the registration cos' if there's no student care i might not consider the school.
The student care is within the school compound so she dun even need to take any bus. That's what I like. It's safer this way.
You got to check with the sch which transport co they are using then make a call to the bus operator. :D

melloh88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jccmum » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:59 am

Hi melloh88

May I know what is the charges for the student care? Had just contact the bus operator, he mentioned that he will be at the orientation day. He will make sure the children reach sch by 730am.

jccmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby melloh88 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 pm

May I know what is the charges for the student care? Had just contact the bus operator, he mentioned that he will be at the orientation day. He will make sure the children reach sch by 730am.

Hi jccmum,

the charges should be ard $240 per mth. If sch holidays another $50 or so per mth. They have their own t-shirts & shorts which the kids need to change into after their bath. Can I know how much is the bus fare?

By the way did you received any confirmation letter from the school. Thanks.

melloh88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jccmum » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi melloh88
After checking where I stay(opp compassvale pri), he quote $70/- for two way. He said the pick up is slightly after 7am, which I find it a bit too early. Will the after sch care make sure the children shower, take a nap and complete their homework?

I miss out this one:- I have not receive any letter from the sch yet.

jccmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby melloh88 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:34 pm

After checking where I stay(opp compassvale pri), he quote $70/- for two way. He said the pick up is slightly after 7am, which I find it a bit too early. Will the after sch care make sure the children shower, take a nap and complete their homework?

I miss out this one:- I have not receive any letter from the sch yet.

Hi jccmum,
according to the sch care the children will shower, nap (for P1) and do their homework if any before they go home.
I called the sch. U can either pick up the letter or wait for them to mail it to you at a later date. Heard fm a friend orientation on 21/11/09 9am.

melloh88
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups