CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby monicayip » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi,

My girl is P2 this year. Hope to meet more OLGC parents here.

monicayip
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby dfstan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 pm

care to share with us how's ur kid getting on with this school? how's the fellow students, teachers, enivornment?

thanks

dfstan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lazyvain » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi!
My girl started P1 this year. So far I could sense, she's enjoying herself. Today, she had gymnastics for PE - i think she liked it so much she practiced at home tonight.

lazyvain
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby flimas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:03 pm

My elder daughter just graduated from there, and the younger one in P1 this year. Both enjoy the school very much.

flimas
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby belbuttons » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:37 am

Happy to see this group. I'm registering my daughter this year 2010 and hope she will have the opportunity to enjoy this school nest year.

I was from CHIJ Victoria St (now Toa Payoh) and not sure if that allows my daughter to go under phase 2A2 as an affiliate school.

We are all Catholics, attend St Francis Xavier, and live in Serangoon Ave 3 (I think its slightly out of the 1km), can anyone advice which phase then will we fall under? I do want her to attend this school.

Thanks.
Bel

belbuttons
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 pm

belbuttons wrote:Happy to see this group. I'm registering my daughter this year 2010 and hope she will have the opportunity to enjoy this school nest year.

I was from CHIJ Victoria St (now Toa Payoh) and not sure if that allows my daughter to go under phase 2A2 as an affiliate school.

We are all Catholics, attend St Francis Xavier, and live in Serangoon Ave 3 (I think its slightly out of the 1km), can anyone advice which phase then will we fall under? I do want her to attend this school.

Thanks.
Bel

Sorry, but your being an ex-girl from CHIJ Victoria (now Toa Payoh) has no affilation to CHIJ OLGC, so as a Catholic, you come under Phase 2B and same rule applies if there is a balloting for the school. Meaning those within 1km get priority, followed by those between 1-2km etc. Sorry, but even as a Catholic, you come under the same phase as those who do PV duties at the school. Hope that helps.

Postby belbuttons » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:22 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
belbuttons wrote:Happy to see this group. I'm registering my daughter this year 2010 and hope she will have the opportunity to enjoy this school nest year.

Thanks.
Bel

Sorry, but your being an ex-girl from CHIJ Victoria (now Toa Payoh) has no affilation to CHIJ OLGC, so as a Catholic, you come under Phase 2B and same rule applies if there is a balloting for the school. Meaning those within 1km get priority, followed by those between 1-2km etc. Sorry, but even as a Catholic, you come under the same phase as those who do PV duties at the school. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Called the school and they said in 2009 there was no balloting due to low birth rate (2003 - 37,485), hence I'm thinking in 2004 the birthrate was even lower 37,174 so maybe the same will apply for this year's registration. :roll:

belbuttons
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:23 pm

belbuttons wrote:Thanks. Called the school and they said in 2009 there was no balloting due to low birth rate (2003 - 37,485), hence I'm thinking in 2004 the birthrate was even lower 37,174 so maybe the same will apply for this year's registration. :roll:

Depends on the number of boys/girls born in 2004, I suppose? Good luck! :wink:

Postby Kongbakpau » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 am

Hi, I will be registering my daughter in OLGC this year too, under Phase 2B. Those who have kids in OLGC now - could you share what you and your kids like about the school? I am just curious! I've heard that the school has a serene environment, and I like what I see on ths school's website.

Kongbakpau
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups