Rosyth

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
Disneyland03
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Rosyth

Post by Disneyland03 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Hi Aayeo80,
It is a group interview.they will ask scenario questions and ask how u handle the situation.

mamatweety
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mamatweety » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:48 pm

Disneyland03 wrote:Can I know if the school starts streaming them into different class in P2 or P3?
My understanding is that streaming starts in P3.

scotia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by scotia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:08 am

mamatweety wrote:
Disneyland03 wrote:Can I know if the school starts streaming them into different class in P2 or P3?
P1 to P2 will be same class for 2 years. P2 end of the year will stream them into strong and weak class for P3 already.

678Yess
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:12

Post by 678Yess » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:32 am

mamatweety wrote:
Are your DD from P3 class this year? My DD's form teacher told us is mixed ability for all classes. Can you share with us more what you know. Thanks!

jenao
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jenao » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm

They used to stream from P3 few years back, but they stopped. Similar to most schools, streaming start in P4 now. The top 2 classes used to be known ie same every year but few years back they made it harder to know which are the top 2 classes ie you have to ask the parents in that level if you want to know. These parents will know as their child will be able to figure out which class the top kids go to.

jenao
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by jenao » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Prefects used to be chosen end of P2 when they were in double session but since they moved to single session, prefects are now chosen end of P3.

scotia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by scotia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:17 pm

jenao wrote:They used to stream from P3 few years back, but they stopped. Similar to most schools, streaming start in P4 now. The top 2 classes used to be known ie same every year but few years back they made it harder to know which are the top 2 classes ie you have to ask the parents in that level if you want to know. These parents will know as their child will be able to figure out which class the top kids go to.
My P6 DD was under the old system yah :wink: ... 4 years back, they used to stream by P2 year end. my dd was in the same class with a few of her classmates for 5 years already(every year students also switched among top 2 classes) .Some years, a few students from other classes will join in the top 2 classes but if those cannot maintain consistency in their results, will go other classes again by every year end.

So under the new system, no streaming for P2 and P3, really? Is this good? :scratchhead:

coolpop
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by coolpop » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Ganjiongspider wrote:
embossing wrote:
senthil303 wrote: Congrats and best wishes to your kid... Did you do PV or GRL for 2B?
Thank you! I did GRL for 2B :)
Hi embossing,

I am interested in joining GRL instead of parents-volunteer. Do you mind sharing what did you do for GRL? Go for meetings? How frequent is the meeting & duration? Besides meetings, what else you need to contribute? If joining GRL, have to register by when & serve for a period of 1 or 2 years? Thank you for sharing. ^-^
No offence but reading this question of yours irks me and I have to say, if you want the best for your child, make sacrifices just like any other parents who did PL instead of trying to search for an easy way out, coupled by the fact that not only you are seeking an easy path but concern about the dynamics of this perceived easy route. Good luck!

Ganjiongspider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Ganjiongspider » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

No offence but reading this question of yours irks me and I have to say, if you want the best for your child, make sacrifices just like any other parents who did PL instead of trying to search for an easy way out, coupled by the fact that not only you are seeking an easy path but concern about the dynamics of this perceived easy route. Good luck![/quote]

coolpop, No offence but I don't find anything wrong with my queries. Did my questions pose "want to seek easy path" option? Even if it is, it's my ultimate decision to opt it or not, none of your business. Everybody have their own commitments to commit via GRL, PV or just by phrase 2C. KSP forum is to provide info & sharing experience, not to condemn people's decision. I have also asked Embossing very politely "if you don't mind sharing. ..". You can choose to be like Embossing not to reply my queries if it irks you. And I am not into urgency or desperation to get my dc into Rosyth, just I'm super very free chance upon this thread, & I asked out of curiosity abt GRL.

coolpop
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by coolpop » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Ganjiongspider wrote:No offence but reading this question of yours irks me and I have to say, if you want the best for your child, make sacrifices just like any other parents who did PL instead of trying to search for an easy way out, coupled by the fact that not only you are seeking an easy path but concern about the dynamics of this perceived easy route. Good luck!
coolpop, No offence but I don't find anything wrong with my queries. Did my questions pose "want to seek easy path" option? Even if it is, it's my ultimate decision to opt it or not, none of your business. Everybody have their own commitments to commit via GRL, PV or just by phrase 2C. KSP forum is to provide info & sharing experience, not to condemn people's decision. I have also asked Embossing very politely "if you don't mind sharing. ..". You can choose to be like Embossing not to reply my queries if it irks you. And I am not into urgency or desperation to get my dc into Rosyth, just I'm super very free chance upon this thread, & I asked out of curiosity abt GRL.[/quote]

Nothing is wrong with your question. So out of curiosity if you are not in any sense of urgency or desperate to get your child into this particular school, why research on this school and coincidentally being extremely free to “chance” upon this thread to ask a curious question about GRL? Anyway I’m not here to condemn nor get into any arguments. So good luck getting your child(ren) into any schools via any methods you as the parent who has the ultimate prerogative to deploy.