Yangzheng Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Yangzheng Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Yangzheng Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Yangzheng Primary

Postby Samsel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:28 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:This is the Parents' Support Group for Yangzheng Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

Hi, my boy just started P1 at YangZhen Primary. I would like to know more paretns from this school to learn from them. I'm new to the primary education. I also have a youner girl in nursery 2.

Samsel
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cyberpie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:33 am

Hi Samsel,

I am also interested to know about Yangzheng as my daughter due for P1 next year.

Perhaps you can start the ball rolling by sharing how the sch is like so far, the teachers, facilities, etc.

All I know is that the uniform has nice colours (my DH calls it Subaru colours) and I am quite impressed by their PSLE results. Also, there is an after school care opposite, so it is very convenient.

Thanks!

cyberpie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Yangzheng Primary

Postby Firsttimer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi

I'm preparing for P1 registration for my boy next year and just noticed Yangzheng for its rating in the Academic Excellence listing. I've asked people around me about Yangzheng but it appears that the school / name is quite obscure. Can anyone share with me the plus/ minus info regarding Yangzheng? Much appreciated

Firsttimer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby atrecord » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

Looks like Yangzheng is not discussed much in this forum...

My DD just started P1 this year at Yangzheng. Was even captured on one corner of the photo on ST frontpage on 4 Jan, when they published a photo of the parents bringing their kids to school on first day...

Nothing much to share here yet, except that I accompanied my DD to the school dental clinic on 2nd week of sch to ask them to look at DD teeth. one incisor was still there when the new tooth was growing behind it abt 2-3 mm already, and slanted at that... so the nurse extracted the (already loose) old tooth. quite fast process. need to call up to tell the clinic first though...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsTan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Hows the academic and teachers of YZ? Good?

MrsTan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atrecord » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:18 am

Attended a tea session with the Principal (VP was there too) yest. i was told that such PR/outreach/communication sessions are quite popular nowadays.

Useful info that anyone interested in YZPS include:

- school is supposed to be relatively stress-free for P1-4, where school makes students like school (learn, make friends, play bit) and homework is not really heavy. but when it comes to P5 onwards, they really pump up homework in order to start prepare students for PSLE.

- for P1-2, students are put into classes based on race, gender distribution. Nothing to do with ability/grades. P3 got 2 classes (3A and 3B) that contain students who did well in P2 for English + Maths. All other P3 classes are equal in ability (like P1, 2). For the good classes, students are stretched more by their teachers.

- for P4, there is national streaming, where they now grade students according to results in English + Science (no longer Maths). Good students who make some cut-off are included in a 'Alpha Programme', where they are stretched. They are stringent in their cut-off, so forget about appealing.

- some of their better students might not be from 6A or 6B. Eg. the principal said they are expecting a dark horse this year in 6C (or was it 6D).

- the school chose to use soft teaching methods like drama for lower pri, rather than use journaling.

- there is also swimming lessons, but it's really to instill water safety and water confidence, rather than to groom competitive swimmers.

- the school will move towards single-session as part of the national initiative, but it will not happen in 2011.

Hope this is useful...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby star » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi, does anyone of a good student care in Serangoon, preferably near yangzheng? Thanks

star
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby atrecord » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:04 pm

star wrote:Hi, does anyone of a good student care in Serangoon, preferably near yangzheng? Thanks

not sure if it's good, but there's a student care centre at void deck of the block just across the road from YZPS, just 1 min's walk from the main gate.

then at the church besides that block, i heard also got student care inside.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:34 pm

atrecord wrote:Attended a tea session with the Principal (VP was there too) yest. i was told that such PR/outreach/communication sessions are quite popular nowadays.

Hope this is useful...

Thanks atrecord, for the info :celebrate:

Please do update from time to time if you can. Its one of the schs near ours and ILs' place.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups