St Hilda's Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

St Hilda's Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:48 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for St Hilda’s Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cmm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:40 pm

Alright, let me get the ball rolling.

My girl is in P1. Will start her revision for CA2 this week. Was telling my hubby this is worse than cramming for an exam myself :P

As for CCA, she's in Dance Club and recently just joined Guzheng class as well. Both upon her request - she comes back with form, I sign, pay, she join. :roll:

Anyone able to advise which are the more "popular" CCAs in SHPS?

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:47 pm

cmm wrote:Alright, let me get the ball rolling.

My girl is in P1. Will start her revision for CA2 this week. Was telling my hubby this is worse than cramming for an exam myself :P

As for CCA, she's in Dance Club and recently just joined Guzheng class as well. Both upon her request - she comes back with form, I sign, pay, she join. :roll:

Anyone able to advise which are the more "popular" CCAs in SHPS?

Wow... my son didn't actually have any real CCA in P1 or P2, other than some athletics and badminton. As for CA2... it's more like topical tests in Konghwa.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby cmm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Yeah, I was expecting CCA only in P3.

My girl has to recite Tang Shi as part of her MT CA - 春曉, and 游子吟. I managed to get her to memorize both in 2 weeks. She asked me the meaning of the poems, and I managed to piece together an answer for her for 春曉, but couldn't manage for 游子吟 past the first line :oops: Thank God for Google...

She also has to do a written paper for MT with the works.

CA format for her is like an exam, comes with Paper 1 (composition) and Paper 2 (grammar, vocab, blah blah blah) for English. As for Math, she'll be tested on all she learnt in the first half of the year (there was no CA1) plus whatever they've done for H2.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:58 pm

Tang Shi in P1? Wow... that's advanced! In Konghwa, I only remembered my son having a tang shi show and tell in P2. And that's a SAP school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sunset_dae » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi can anyone in the PSG of St Hilda advice??
If im a church member of st hilda, can i apply for phase 2B?

sunset_dae
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MdmQ » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:33 pm

sunset_dae wrote:Hi can anyone in the PSG of St Hilda advice??
If im a church member of st hilda, can i apply for phase 2B?

Sunset_dae,
I think u should post your questions in the P1 Registration Forum under "Sticky: All About Church/Clan/Society Membership". You should be able to get your answers there.

This is more for parents sharing about their children's schooling experience in SHPS. Thanks.

MdmQ
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

St Hildas Teacher: Wendy Tan

Postby ongkb2000 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi anyone on the forum know Wendy Tan a teacher from St Hildas. How is she with children?

ongkb2000
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: St Hildas Teacher: Wendy Tan

Postby cmm » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

ongkb2000 wrote:Hi anyone on the forum know Wendy Tan a teacher from St Hildas. How is she with children?

She's my girl's PE teacher from 1st semester. While I'm not sure about other children, my daughter likes her a lot (my daughter is the type who is fearful of the fierce teachers).

I heard that Ms. Tan will be leaving / has left St Hilda's though...
Last edited by cmm on Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Comm Skill by outside vendor - Trinity Guildhall examination

Postby Suz855 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi,

Just wonder any parents have your child in this course provided by outside vendor. What is your comment/feedback? Thanks for sharing

Suz855
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups