Cedar Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Cedar Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:49 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Cedar Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby rkumar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Wow, thread open from 2009. No takers? Anyways my son is a P3 student in this school. Just sending out my signal flare for any cedarian parent. Come rescue me!

rkumar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby gregsng » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:34 am

Hi rkumar

How is your son doing in Cedar P3? Am considering trying to transfer my daughter over to Cedar next year. I remember they used to be strong in atheletics and band (Sec School). Any comments to share? Thanks.

Greg

gregsng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rkumar » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Greg,

From what i gather from my son, its a good school. In sports the girls are more accomplished than the boys. Not sure why.
Generally cedar tends to take part and win more accolades in a more academic competition like math olympiads

More hands on and outdoor interaction. The principal calls it a more Holistics approach. was skeptical at 1st, but since they produce top grades in PSLE i've come to appreciate it.

Attended prize giving ceremony of last year for top students in class. 3 of 5 top winners for P6 were wearing Cedar girls outfit. thought that might interest you. :lol:

Cedar Website
http://www.cedarpri.moe.edu.sg/

rkumar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Cedar Primary

Postby jesline » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:29 pm

I finally see posting from parents with children from Cedar Primary.
My son would be going to P1 in Cedar primary next year. Do u have the details of the past PSLE results ? Seems like that the school focus much on non-academic, how about their academic achievement ?

jesline
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rkumar » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:28 am

Hi jesline,

sorry i dont have that info. But if you are interested someone had posted the results for 2007 and 2008 results.

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/schoo ... ary-school

rkumar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby hjtoh » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi, i'm in the midst of searching cedar pri sch info...i'm going to move to potong pasir march next yr & i think cedar is the nearest school for me. it's abt 1.2km.but i wondering that whether it is balloting to enter this sch. i'm msia pr & my daughter's pr status still in processing...actually my daughter only 4yrs old now & i just bought the house there...im planning to send her in next yr after june & what shld i do on the balloting? i totally have no ideas at all...i really a bit kiasu now...thks to have more experience advise...

hjtoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Share a ride / Car Pooling

Postby Devi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Our child just started in Primary 1 at Cedar Primary School and we are finding the school bus transport to be overly early and our child is arriving in school 1 hour early, having to get up at 5:30am, just to wait for class to begin.

Any parents interested in car pooling with us for their child please, we live on Lorong 4 in Toa Payoh. Thank you.

Devi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Parents networking group

Postby Phk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi

I am planning to send my girl to Cedar Primary School, registering this year. Are there any good student care or after school care centres to recommend, staying at LiChi Ave. Tks

Phk
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cyranocrash » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Any idea if lots of Gurkha kids go to Cedar Pri?

cyranocrash
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups