Kheng Cheng

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Kheng Cheng

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:50 pm

This is the Parents' Support Group for Kheng Cheng

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Kheng Cheng

Postby Amitabha88 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:31 am

Back-gate opening hours

:?: Can only operates only on afternoon session during term holidays. Why can't extend for morning? KCS has been very protective and against the idea of extending this morning session despite of several complaints and write-in to MPs and MOE. :stupid:

Amitabha88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pinkapple » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:09 pm

during holidays? that's weird.

speak to P directly and find out why?

btw, any Kheng Cheng parents who blogs?
esp if ya child is in P1 or P2.

am deciding btw Kheng Cheng and another school and would like to read more about Kheng Cheng.

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Amitabha88 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:20 am

http://www.khengcheng.moe.edu.sg

according to most parents who had feedback previously and wrote an appeition, got blacklisted.

There is a lot of homeworks and school is stern of unable to go in unless is very urgent basis otherwise, they will be harsh to reject your request coz they are always emphasising 'children safety'.

Amitabha88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pinkapple » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:52 am

if that's their stand then no choice.

my school (sec) opens the backgate for only 15 mins or less in the morning.

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MrsTan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:30 pm

pinkapple wrote:if that's their stand then no choice.

my school (sec) opens the backgate for only 15 mins or less in the morning.

Besides this, hows the school in terms of academic and teachers?

Any after school care around the school?

MrsTan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby peak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:56 am

Hello,

I notice that there is little discussion and mention about kheng Cheng Pri in this forum.

Is this an unpopular school?

How do the school's pupils perform academically & the overall standards & quality of teachers?

peak
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby LiLing » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 am

Hi,

I would like to know more about Keng Cheng Primary School's performance and the standards and quality there too.

Any parents whose child(ren) in the school care to share?

LiLing
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby boring » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 pm

hihi

my gal will be joining this school next year. any1 else :)

boring
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby shalomger » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:33 am

My son is currently in Kheng Cheng and I have nothing but praise for his teachers.

Despite coming from an English educated background, his Mandarin teachers have been very excellent in helping him learn and cope with the subject. His grades in P1 &2 were always in the 90s and in P3, it fell a little to 80 as it got harder.

His form teachers have always been caring and encouraging. They are firm but also quick to praise. KCS teachers really have a heart for the kids. They keep parents well informed of their kid's behavior through phone calls or emails.

The school also has engaging enrichment classes. It also has both regular and e-homework.

It might be a neighborhood primary school but the kids are well-behaved, the school is nurturing and my kid loves it.

My DS has been given the option to switch to GEP next year & he is keen on trying out the GEP curriculum. I will miss this school and its supportive staff and environment that has nurtured our child. I am glad he spent the first three years of his school going life in KCS. Kids come from all walks of life here and it has been a form of good exposure for him.

I find that the discipline is strict but the school doesn't nit pick on how neat your uniform is, focusing on character and attitude which is more crucial IMHO. The uniform is v comfy- for boys the shirts are not tucked in. :)

The down side IMHO- canteen is not fantastic. Be prepared to pack a lunchbox.

shalomger
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups