Pei Chun Public

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
giraffeviolin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Pei Chun Public

Post by giraffeviolin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:02 pm

Any parents know of a teacher in pei chuan call Karen? She's in the math department.

cyn32
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by cyn32 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:26 am

Hi parents.. care to share more about this school? Like the teachers,students or environment? How your child cope in the afternoon session? Does your child get tired easily in the afternoon?And what time does your child wake up in the morning?

aloyboy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by aloyboy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:39 pm

I am planning logistic for a P3 and P1 next year, where they will be in 2 different sessions.

I understand that all P3 need stay back for extra class for all subjects, are these classes daily or all in a day or two ? Wed is for most CCA right ? So how many times in a week a P3 normally stay back ? and until around what time they stay ?

Does the school buses for TPY location have CCA timing i.e send them back at a later timing after CCA or remedial classes ?

mamemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by mamemo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:53 am

aloyboy wrote:I am planning logistic for a P3 and P1 next year, where they will be in 2 different sessions.

I understand that all P3 need stay back for extra class for all subjects, are these classes daily or all in a day or two ? Wed is for most CCA right ? So how many times in a week a P3 normally stay back ? and until around what time they stay ?

Does the school buses for TPY location have CCA timing i.e send them back at a later timing after CCA or remedial classes ?
Hi aloyboy, the school buses have CCA timings, at around 4.30pm. Depending on the CCA, may need to stay back twice a week for niche CCAs.

mamemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by mamemo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:54 am

Any P6 parents here ? how did your child find the Prelim papers ? (easy/hard?)

tuxsam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by tuxsam » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:08 am

aloyboy wrote:I am planning logistic for a P3 and P1 next year, where they will be in 2 different sessions.

I am experiencing that currently, my P3 in am session and p1 in pm. P3 has to stay back twice a week for 'academic support' (AS). It is compulsory for all. Friday for Higher Chinese and Tues for Maths+Eng. They may change the days for next year. AS on both days end at 3.30pm.

As for CCA, if the child is not into any niche CCA, the involvement will just be one day. CCA may not necessarily be on Wed. My DD joins 2 CCA. One falls on Mon which ends at 3.30pm while another on Wed ending at 1.30pm. So it really depends what CCA your child joins.

tuxsam
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by tuxsam » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 am

cyn32 wrote:Hi parents.. care to share more about this school? Like the teachers,students or environment? How your child cope in the afternoon session? Does your child get tired easily in the afternoon?And what time does your child wake up in the morning?
Both my kids are with PC. We love the school culture and environment. One of my kids is in pm session. He did complain of feeling tired at the 1st week of P1 but adapted very quickly.

love1001
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by love1001 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:36 pm

My DD2 went for Chinese Orchestra audition recently. May I know how to check if she qualify for this CCA? I know for niche sports CCA, the offer will be given in Oct. Is it the same for CO? How many times do the students need to stay back for CO practice every week? Will it ever occur that a child gets offered for more than 1 CCA?

muska
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by muska » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:28 am

My dd2 got offered Wushu with lion dance, and Chinese dance

Can anyone share what do gals do in lion dance CCA? She is small size, so i doubt she will carry the lion head..I'm just wondering what does this CCA do. Quite a few of her gal classmate got offered lion dance..

How about Chinese dance? anyone can share how is the CCA teacher, selection for SYF? like how many members not selected etc? How about during SYF year , how many extra practise? any sat practise?

sean wife
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by sean wife » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:57 am

Hi

Like to check, for P4 level, does the English/Math AS lessons on Tuesday afternoons typically start only in the 2nd term?

Thanks for sharing.