St Andrew's Junior

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

St Andrew's Junior

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:51 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for St Andrew's Junior

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

St Andrew

Postby moo8787 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:34 am

Hi! I've just joined. My boy will be attending P1 in Yr2010. Anyone knows how much is the school fees? I've been told misc fees is much higher than neighouring school.

moo8787
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sweetheart » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi,
My boy will also be in P1 in 2010... No idea abt the fees but dont think it will be very expensive.

sweetheart
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lovingmum » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi, my son is in P3 this year at St Andrew's. I can't remember how much we pay for the misc fees but it is definitely not too much more than the neighbourhood schools. Besides i think they can use edusave to offset it. If you did not mention it, i don't even though they are paying more than the other schools... Ha ha!
Last edited by lovingmum on Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovingmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

St Andrew's

Postby snoopy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:18 am

My boy will also be joining the sch nxt yr. Thought the misc fees are standardised across the schs....

snoopy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LindaYong » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi,
I just join this group. My son is in P3 this year. You pay the same misc fees as any other Primary school.
Do encourage your son on his Chinese, somehow children in this school don't like Chinese.

LindaYong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:59 pm

LindaYong wrote:Hi,
I just join this group. My son is in P3 this year. You pay the same misc fees as any other Primary school.
Do encourage your son on his Chinese, somehow children in this school don't like Chinese.

Ah... the mystery of my Chinese handicap is finally solved!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby LindaYong » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Learning Chinese now.

LindaYong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

st. andrew's junior school

Postby Stressed-Father » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:28 pm

my elder son will be in P2 next year. SAJS has a mixed group of students from different races, which i think contributed to their relatively lower standard of chinese. My son told me he hardly speaks chinese in school, other than during Chinese lessons !! Most of them (if not all) communicate in English. A lot of them face problems in their chinese oral exam. I tried talking to him in Chinese at home, but he always replies in English ! I have surrendered liow ....

Stressed-Father
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Happygolucky » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm

But many schools have a lot of students who can converse better in English too but results for Chinese not as 'bad'. Wonder if it's because the school is not putting enough effort or most parents there think that it's ok not to do well in Chinese,because (their fathers from the same school) also did not do well in the subject. Just afraid that if the teachers in the school or parents, like Stressed-Father, surrendered, how is the school able to raise standard of chinese in the school. ':pray:'

Happygolucky
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups