Innova Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Innova Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:53 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Innova Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby working mom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Signing in. My daughter is in P1 at Innova.

working mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kay22 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm

working mom wrote:Signing in. My daughter is in P1 at Innova.

hi hi... seems like Innova Primary is a dark horse this year for 2010 P1 intake. So far, can you share with me how you feel about this primary school? I thought of enrolling my son for this school in 2012, and looking at the scenario this year, I think I will have to do parent volunteer soon... Hope to hear from you soon....Cheers!!! :lol:

kay22
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby working mom » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:01 pm

kay22 wrote:
working mom wrote:Signing in. My daughter is in P1 at Innova.

hi hi... seems like Innova Primary is a dark horse this year for 2010 P1 intake. So far, can you share with me how you feel about this primary school? I thought of enrolling my son for this school in 2012, and looking at the scenario this year, I think I will have to do parent volunteer soon... Hope to hear from you soon....Cheers!!! :lol:

Hello! :D I will re-post some things that I mentioned in the Woodlands Primary School thread.

So far, my husband and I have not regretted choosing Innova for our daughter. We attended the Orientation last year and it was very organized. Their website is very informative and updated. My daughter’s form teacher is very easy to correspond with via e-mail and SMS and gave helpful feedbacks during our 1:1 session. There are homeworks and topical tests. I don’t know if all school has it, but they have a Chinese Language Modular Curriculum Approach System for P1. The school sets up remedial lesson sessions (for English, Math and Mother Tongue for P1) to help students who have areas of weaknesses. Based on the letter they sent, these remedial lessons are being held up to P3. They conduct Focused Group Discussions with parents, conduct surveys--one of which resulted to changing school hour from starting at 8:00 a.m., from the previous 7:45 a.m. It’s a single session school. I don’t have any complaints so far, with our daughter, in terms of her English and Math skills. I couldn’t properly assess her Chinese Language skills as my hubby and I don’t know the language. Her CL test scores have greatly improved, (from 40% to 100%) though, and her CL tutor does not say anything that we should worry about, so far. They have CCAs that I believe are not as common as other schools, like fencing. Parents are well-informed beforehand of whatever activities or exams that the children need to prepare for.

Before posting my reply, I actually asked my DD first if given a choice, would she still want to continue studying at Innova or would she like to study in another school. She immediately answered she wants to stay at Innova. She said she’s happy there. She likes the facilities, the teachers and she has lots of friends. I guess what I’m trying to say is, we also need to consider the school environment and stuff. I believe my daughter because she always look forward to going to school. We don’t have any difficulties waking her up at 6:00 a.m. in the morning.

I guess check the registration trend for next year. If it will be like this year, then I guess, it's better to be a parent volunteer. :D

working mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Innova Primary

Postby Forward » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi, considering to register my gal to Innova primary..anyone can tell me what is good in this school..I am considering this and Woodgrove. Thks.

ChiefKiasu wrote:This is the Parents' Support Group for Innova Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

Forward
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

P1 in Yr 2011

Postby Inspiration » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi I am planning to register my boy to this sch in yr 2011 for P1, but would like to have more information's.

Inspiration
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Parents of Innova Primary

Postby BBLOVE » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:07 pm

My son is in P1 this year ... would like to say hello to those parents who kids are in this school...

BBLOVE
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kristy_ice77 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi,

When is the orientation held for Innova Pri sch for this yr? Thinking of reg. my son to that son next mth? How about S'pore Sports Sch?

Thks

kristy_ice77
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Innova Primary 2

Postby 4MyGem » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

Would encourage more mommies to join in this networking group for Innova Primary to share about kids in here. My girl is in P2 this year at Innova. So far as generate positive response in terms of physical and emotional well-being.

4MyGem
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 4MyGem » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:05 am

Abit more information about girl's activity, their PE 's are conducted in the Indoor School Sports Hall, where they will rotatingly being exposed to swimming,fencing etc.

4MyGem
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups