Woodlands Ring Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.

Woodlands Ring Primary

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Woodlands Ring Primary

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
Last edited by ChiefKiasu on Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby littlejaemummy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Any mummies/ daddies could share their child experience with woodlands ring Pri? Tks

littlejaemummy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Hifive » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:24 am

Hi

I am considering this school for my DS2. Would appreciate parents to share their views or experience about this school.

Thanks in advance.

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Woodlands Ring Primary

Postby livelessvagabond » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Hope I'm not too late. :roll: Once I saw the response on this, I immediately registered myself so that I can share my 2cents worth. If by sharing my experiences can help others, that would be great.

My DS 1st enrolled into this sch in yr 1998 coz this was the nearest primary sch (Woodlands Primary not available yet) from my house. Then I enrolled my DD in the same sch (this yr P4) because of the convenience.

Based on my own expectation, I do not think this sch is up to standard (perhaps getting worst). But this is my personal experiences, I do not compare it with other schools around the neighborhood.

When my DS studying there, his Chinese teacher and even the Form teacher often absent (since P1-P3) :rant: . Hence, my DS lost his interest in Chinese despite sending his for Chinese tuition since P1 (once a week for merely 1hr). The Chinese tutor is very good and passionate about teaching Chinese and especially care for my DS. But not much help, as we, the parent is illiterate in Chinese. So my DS lost his most important foundation in Chinese.

Personally think that, because of the sch Chinese teacher every time not around, nothing was taught during the classes for almost 3yrs, by P3/P4 my DS had a really hard time coping with the subject. And he totally lost all his interest too! That was the most visible one that I noticed from my DS as he don't provided much feedback. Every time I asked how was his school? He would just say "Good" :scratchhead:

4yrs later, I enrolled my DD into the same sch because it's the nearest to my house and it is more convenience for my MIL to pick her if needed (I don't allow my DD to go home by herself). This time round I got more feedback (my DD is a complaint "Queen" :oops: ). She is in P4 this yr. Every now and then, my DD will complaint that a few of the periods was by substitute teachers or during sch hours, the subject teacher is not around so she do her work during that time. But then, they make them attend supplementary classes for all subjects after sch till 3.30pm. :slapshead: And during supplementary classes, they go through correction and do worksheets. Waste of time! :stupid:

Very often, the teacher did not complete all the syllabus of the year. My DS do not attend any CCA at all and no teacher bother to check with us.

Hope my humble sharing helps. Feel free to ask anything about this sch. I'll share whatever I know.

:xedfingers:

livelessvagabond
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sotongmummy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:29 pm

i heard that they have change a new principal this year. The principal formally from Woodlands Primary School. Maybe it will be better?? But teachers' turnover is very common lor, even in my elder's pri sch.

Sotongmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby livelessvagabond » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 am

They just changed to new principal but I have yet to meet her (no event to meet). Normally the results/changes would be seen 2-3 yrs later, which by then my DD will be out of the sch :roll:

But currently the sch is under renovation/facelift. According to my DD, there will be stadium, air-conditioned class rooms and etc etc (sorry the rest I can't catch :oops:) Everyday, she will blah blah about what happen in sch when she reaches home. :sweat:

livelessvagabond
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Hifive » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 am

Hi livelessvagabond

Thanks for your sharing. :smile:

Hifive
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby usagibb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:59 am

Hi I mite be moving to woodlands area and need some feedback about this school.

I tink they are gg to shift to a new place?

usagibb
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby usagibb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 am

Hi I mite be moving to woodlands area and need some feedback about this school.

I tink they are gg to shift to a new place?

usagibb
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phtthp » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 am

what is Woodlands Ring primary highest PSLE score this year ?
percentage scored > 250 ?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups