West Spring Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
West Spring Primary School
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: West Spring Primary

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:20 am

sgjlee wrote:Yee pee... No balloting! Lucky us despite the waiting & queuing during the first registration day... West Spring Primary, see you soon for the P1 orientation in Nov 2014. WooHoo!
Dear Sgjlee,

Your perseverance paid off! :goodpost:

Welcome, you and your child are now part of our great West Spring family! :imcool:
:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 am

dearzen wrote:Yes, my boy will be joining his sister in 2016! Phase 1. Ooo... :rahrah:

The guards are very friendly as from what I see when I went to register my gal.

Hopefully for that few parents, please do play their part in observing the school rules & regulations. By doing so, we also teaching our children "respect".

We all want the best for our children in all aspects.

:lovesite:
Dear Dearzen,

:goodpost: Lovely to hear that you’ve already made plans for your second child to join his sister at West Spring in 2016!

Welcome all to our fantastic West Spring family! :grphug:

Starkids
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Starkids » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:48 am

I am also worried about the traffic condition once the student population increases. The traffic condition to me is quite manageable, although occassionally we do see some parents alighting their kids before the pedestrian crossing. Sometimes, not because they wanted to do, but I guess if you observed carefully there is quite a handful of construction workers taking the pedestrian crossing. There was one time, it caused a little jam before the crossing as the cars were waiting for a huge group of workers taking their time to cross the road. Thereafter, I saw kids starting to get off their cars. Similiarly, this situation will worsen once new residents (across the school) move in next year.

Also, some parents chose to drop and drive off at the main gate because the parking space near the school entrance were occupied with cars. I wonder how the situation will be like next year when we have new batch of P1 & their parents who drive. They will compete for a parking space outside the school. Worst, residents who need to drive in and out of the new blocks. Needless to say, the parents' cars stopping alongside the road will cause traffic woes.

I would like to suggest, if you need to accompany your kids to the gate, please park further down the road (preferably after the entrance of the new blocks). Please free up the space outside the school entrance for parents who drop and drive off - this will also help to lessen traffic congestion for residents' vehicle that need to move in and out in future.

Lastly, I really hope the school can re-consider allowing drop/alight within the school compound. It can help to divert traffic to the rear gate (near KJE) to allow smooth flow of traffic. School needs parent co-operation and vice-versa, parents needs school's support. There is a clear define path for pedestrian (students) walking into the school. There is also a separate path for vehicles. Both don't intersect with each other. Sadly, we do see they intersect now because drivers will continue to park at their convenience and putting a risk on pedestrian's safety. Although, it is outside the school compound, but I urge parents and school to work together for the safety and goods of our kids (students).

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:51 am

pixelbee wrote:May I suggest the school to consider opening and using the second gate (the one closer to the KJE) as the drop off point and entrance for kids commuting with cars?

I think this may ease the traffic at the current entrance which will only get worst come next year when more students are enrolling to the school. More importantly it will better ensure the safety of the students and parents walking to school. Currently, I feel there are too much happening at the gate especially, like some of the fellow parents pointed out, due to the traffic condition, some of the parents decided to drop off their children on the pedestrian crossing and at the school gate out of convenient.
Dear Pixelbee,

:thankyou: for your suggestion. :smile:

The second side gate located along the KJE cannot be opened to parents and students as it is meant solely for the school’s access to the future park connector located along KJE. It is thus important for all parents to cooperate with our security guards when dropping off or picking up their children at/from school each day. Doing so will greatly benefit everyone as there’ll be smoother traffic flow for us and the future residents living across our school. :please:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 pm

strawberry mummy wrote:Dear West Spring!

Happy that there is no balloting!! Yeah!! Looking forward to my gal's six years of education with WS! The journey of choosing the pri schools hasn't been easy for us (esp since our choice was always CHIJ until WSPS came about in 2014). We were glad that we made it to the school's open house earlier in June which actually gave us the final affirmation that our choice was right to choose WS. Really love the way that you guys do to engage with parents. Even after attending the orientation, I still constantly received updates through emails or via the forum. Good job!

Hope you guys can keep up the good job and I am sure that my girl will enjoy her education here in WS!

Cheers!!
Dear Strawberry mummy,

Welcome to our West Spring family! :dancing:
We’re glad to have been able to convince you and many other potential parents to join us! This has resulted in West Spring garnering the highest number of Phase 2C applicants in years 2013 and 2014 (141 applicants in 2013, and a whooping 209 applicants in 2014) in the Bukit Panjang area! :hi5:

We feel so encouraged by the numerous compliments and commendations from so many current parents and newly registered parents via this forum or through emails/phonecalls! :grphug:

We look forward to your continued support as we work together to provide an enriching, joyful and memorable learning experience for your children! :smile:

tare1919
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by tare1919 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 pm

I still having issue to download and print of our lovely PLAY photos.

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Starkids wrote:I am also worried about the traffic condition once the student population increases. The traffic condition to me is quite manageable, although occassionally we do see some parents alighting their kids before the pedestrian crossing. Sometimes, not because they wanted to do, but I guess if you observed carefully there is quite a handful of construction workers taking the pedestrian crossing. There was one time, it caused a little jam before the crossing as the cars were waiting for a huge group of workers taking their time to cross the road. Thereafter, I saw kids starting to get off their cars. Similiarly, this situation will worsen once new residents (across the school) move in next year.

Also, some parents chose to drop and drive off at the main gate because the parking space near the school entrance were occupied with cars. I wonder how the situation will be like next year when we have new batch of P1 & their parents who drive. They will compete for a parking space outside the school. Worst, residents who need to drive in and out of the new blocks. Needless to say, the parents' cars stopping alongside the road will cause traffic woes.

I would like to suggest, if you need to accompany your kids to the gate, please park further down the road (preferably after the entrance of the new blocks). Please free up the space outside the school entrance for parents who drop and drive off - this will also help to lessen traffic congestion for residents' vehicle that need to move in and out in future.

Lastly, I really hope the school can re-consider allowing drop/alight within the school compound. It can help to divert traffic to the rear gate (near KJE) to allow smooth flow of traffic. School needs parent co-operation and vice-versa, parents needs school's support. There is a clear define path for pedestrian (students) walking into the school. There is also a separate path for vehicles. Both don't intersect with each other. Sadly, we do see they intersect now because drivers will continue to park at their convenience and putting a risk on pedestrian's safety. Although, it is outside the school compound, but I urge parents and school to work together for the safety and goods of our kids (students).
Dear Starkids,

:thankyou: for your suggestion. :smile:

Like you rightfully mentioned, all parents need to cooperate with the school in order to ensure a smooth traffic flow outside the school. If this is not achieved, the residents from across the blocks of flats will also be upset over the traffic jam caused by our parents. The school will continue not to allow parents to drop off their children within the school compound as the safety of every child must be ensured within our school. At the same time, the MOE Kindergarten will also be starting operations next year within our school compound. So, the safety of these younger children is equally important.

There may be a need for parents who drop off their children at school to eventually park at the public car parks across the school, before accompanying their children to our school gate next year. We’ll need time to study the possible traffic management options outside our school and inform parents about them next year.

In the meantime, we seek all parents’ cooperation to help ease the traffic and human flow outside our school by showing consideration for one another, with safety being the top most priority. :please:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 pm

tare1919 wrote:I still having issue to download and print of our lovely PLAY photos.
Dear Tare1919,

We’re happy that you love our weekly PLAY photos! :lovesite:

Please go to the ‘Gallery’ tab on our website.
Then, click on the selected photo.
Next, do a right click on your mouse to save the selected image.
After this, you’ll be able to print the lovely photos! :rahrah:

The latest PLAY flickr photos that are currently being uploaded every Friday during school term, will however, take a few days to be migrated to our ‘Gallery’. Once the photos have been migrated to the ‘Gallery’, you may proceed to save and print the selected images. Happy viewing and printing :boogie: capturing your child’s learning journey at West Spring Primary! :dancing:

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by West Spring Primary School » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Good Job Parent Volunteers and West Springers!

Fantastic Hari Raya Celebration performance!
Your hard work rehearsing has paid off!

:thankyou: to our numerous parent supporters for making time to join us and your children this afternoon!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image

We look forward to seeing you on Friday, 8 August 2014, at 8.45 am in hall, as we celebrate Singapore's 49th Birthday together. Please do try come dressed in a red top on that day.

Once again, our West Springers have been practising hard for the National Day celebration performance. We're so happy to see so many talented West Springers performing on stage. It certainly helps boost their self- confidence from a young age! :grphug:

:boogie: :imcool: :rahrah: :dancing: :rahrah: :dancing: :rahrah: :dancing: :rahrah: :dancing: :rahrah: :imcool: :boogie:

ptsy27
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ptsy27 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi everyone, i'm new here and my twin boys just got into WSPS for next year P1.