West Spring Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
West Spring Primary School
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: West Spring Primary

Post by West Spring Primary School » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Dear 2016 P1 Parents and Guardians,

:congrats: on your successful enrolment of your children at West Spring Primary School! :rahrah: :dancing:

For Other Interested Parents:
This is to inform all parents of P1 registration 2016 children that there’re no more vacancies at West Spring Primary School for Primary 1 in 2016.

All 240 places have been taken up already.

We thank all parents for your great support. :grphug: :rahrah: :dancing: :boogie: :imcool: :hi5:

Littlebabygirlgirl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Littlebabygirlgirl » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Tenko and West Spring primary,

Thanks for responding to my post. Glad to know about this optional Wu Shu/Lion Dance enrichment programme. Happy to know of the variety of programmes provided by West Spring. All seem interesting!

Also I will like to share an interesting programme that I have came across - robotics workshop. I am not sure if there are other names to this but generally, it is using lego to teach children physics / movement concept etc. My girl is exposed to this in her k2 class but it was only an once-off programme. Hope West Spring can consider this programme either as part of the circumlum or enrichment class.

Thanks to all and look forward to seeing all of you next yr! :rahrah:
West Spring Primary School wrote:Dear Littlebabygirlgirl,

Welcome to our West Spring family! :grphug:

It’s great to know that you and your daughter are looking forward to starting school next year.

The Wu Shu/Lion Dance enrichment programme is one of the optional after school programmes held on Tuesdays for 20 sessions. Other enrichment programmes include oratorical skills, problem-solving and calligraphy. These are offered at the lower primary levels, prior to the introduction of the Modular Co-Curricular Activities (MCCA) at Primary 3. There may be selections conducted for some of the enrichment programmes. :smile:
Littlebabygirlgirl wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am glad that my girl has successfully enrolled into west spring pri sch and she is looking forward to joining the school! I am very happy that she likes the sch that my husband and i have chosen for her but i will also like to set her expectation correct..

The fact that she likes the school so much is because we have been sharing a lot about the school with her and always shown her the school video and photos. Generally, she likes the school but the key factor that she looks forward to is the lion dance enrichment class. She has seen the lion dance in the school photos and video. She likes lion dance since young and has always wanted to learn and be involved in this. Each time she sees the school video, she just wanted to see the lion dance portion. I am also surprised that the lion dance has outshone the lego play in school. Lego is also 1 of her fav toys at home.

I understand that the lion dance is one of the enrichment classes that the school offers. Just like to understand if the enrichment classes will change each year or they will continue with the wushu/lion dance enrichment next year. I really dont hope to disappoint my girl just because she dont get to join the lion dance class or that her opinion of the school changes just because of the lion dance. If those classes do change or lion dance class will be discontinued next yr, i hope someone can advise me early so that i can need to set her expectation correct by talking to her earlier. There are really a lot of other things that i hope she will look forward to, though it will be great if her favourite lion dance class is still available for her next yr.

:thankyou:

West Spring Primary School
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by West Spring Primary School » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 pm

Dear 2016 P1 Parents and Guardians,

Let’s take a look at what’s brewing at West Spring Primary this week!

Please click this link, https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/westsprin ... 444878960/ for Purposeful Learning Activities for the Young (PLAY #16).

Enjoy and have a great time viewing with your child! :hugs:

ben2112
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ben2112 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:19 pm

Can I know where can i find my child oncoming test dates?I ask the form teacher and he say i can find on MC online......but i can't find it

tenko
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tenko » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:15 pm

ben2112 wrote:Can I know where can i find my child oncoming test dates?I ask the form teacher and he say i can find on MC online......but i can't find it
Hi Ben2112,
If you don't mind a fellow parent trying to help you, I will do my best to talk you through the different stages.

Parents login for mconline.
Go onto the section that states School Admin.
Select Results Management. "View my child's results"
Select the result date on the calendar.

I hope it helps. I would suggest that you send the school a message on the mconline parents' forum for a reply from the school. You may also telephone the school if you have any queries. The school will reply to you on the mconline forum within 3 working days.

Have a good evening,

From a fellow parent. :smile:

ptsy27
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ptsy27 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:16 am

Hi, can i check is the teacher's day celebration is Tomorrow? Is it full day or half day?

tenko
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tenko » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:22 am

ptsy27 wrote:Hi, can i check is the teacher's day celebration is Tomorrow? Is it full day or half day?
Hi ptsy27,
I am a fellow parent of WSP. I hope you don't mind me trying to help. The celebration and school day will finish at the normal time of 130pm. Parents who have registered for the event will only be allowed to enter the school to attend the event. Friday 4 september is a holiday.

Please do call the school or ask the school any questions on the mconline forum if you would like to have a direct reply from the school.

tenko
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tenko » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:25 am

Wishing all the teachers at West Spring Primary School a very HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY

dearzen
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by dearzen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:55 am

Hi, I understand the Teachers' Day event is 1pm to 1.30pm.

May I know roughly what is the itinerary during the 30mins?

Thanks.

tenko
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by tenko » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:14 am

dearzen wrote:Hi, I understand the Teachers' Day event is 1pm to 1.30pm.

May I know roughly what is the itinerary during the 30mins?

Thanks.
Hi Dearzen,
Parents who have registered will be able to attend the celebration in their child's class. There would probably be a performance by the students in the class as well as other exciting things. The event is to celebrate and to give thanks for the hard work that the teachers do every day.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Last edited by tenko on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.